Piggy Time in SoCal Again, farkers!

I have a mate in LA as of tomorrow:becky:

Do they like bbq? If we can't have you, we'll take one of yer peeps!

Thanks for doing this every year, Greg.
Gonna try to swing by if I can. This is always a great time! Great people, great food, breaking bread with the Brethren :thumb:

Hope you can make it, Ray! It's always great to see you!

Do they like bbq? If we can't have you, we'll take one of yer peeps!

Hope you can make it, Ray! It's always great to see you!

He is flying out Saturday ,otherwise he would have loved to come.
Thank you for the offer ,he was Humbled ( I find that hard to believe)great humour and an Interesting Bloke.

^^^yes sir! :hungry: :hungry: :hungry:

Those are some mind-blowing beans right there. I make 'em from y'all's recipe on your blog sometimes. They are my favorite, but I haven't gotten them to be quite as good as the ones you made a while back in 'berdoo, so I would love to get down on some of those!

I make lots of the Keri's Hog Apple beans for the party & everybody loves 'em, but I like those frijoles charros better for my taste.

Stoked!

Hot damn sounds like a hoot! I'll talk to Stephanie. We just got back in from Los Cabos so it may be a last minute decision, will have to see how the week pans out but I think it is doable. It would be great to see you farkers!

Thanks Foe the PM Charles and the email Richard

Hmmmm. Bash at Casa GTR? Hmmmm.

On edit, just rechecked the date 9/1. Darn! Wife breaking in the new hip. Hope to make the next one. We too know how the SoCal folks do it. Have fun and I know Y'all will!

Last edited:
^^^Hope yer bride is healing up well & we'll catch you on another one!

Hot damn sounds like a hoot! I'll talk to Stephanie. We just got back in from Los Cabos so it may be a last minute decision, will have to see how the week pans out but I think it is doable. It would be great to see you farkers!

Thanks Foe the PM Charles and the email Richard

Hope it works out!

Hey All! Thanks for throwing this Greg & for the invite.

Honestly not sure if Anne & I can make it. Lots going on right now. I should know more by Friday.

It sounds like an absolute blast and if we can't make it, have an extra helping of everything for us!

John

^^^come on down if you can!

Hmmmm. Bash at Casa GTR? Hmmmm.

On edit, just rechecked the date 9/1. Darn! Wife breaking in the new hip. Hope to make the next one. We too know how the SoCal folks do it. Have fun and I know Y'all will!

Mike, hope to see you and Ann at a future Brethren bash. Maybe October in Texas?

Greg, how big is that pig? Sounds like gonna be quite a few folks showing up.

^^^I'm prepared (I think!:shocked:) Last year the whole farking pig got eaten in pretty short order.

I can only fit a 70# pig in the Klose, so that's what I'm getting. I can rotis a 90#, but it eats up too much hangout space - kinda not good to have fires and burning hot bricks with a bunch of kids running around. I got a couple back up butts & a few nice racks of meaty beef back ribs from RD. Gonna snag a couple racks of these beautiful spares they got at the butcher where I'm picking up the pig, plus I'll be cooking a couple chix.

What I'm thinking is the butts go in the WSM at night, get rested in the morning, which clears space in the WSM to hang ribs (got one of them hanging thingees). Chix on the rotisserie, and I have another rotis rig (ever seen the Kanka grill? one of those) that I'll probably do some of the ribs on 'cause I love 'em cooked that way. Raided the freezer and got a few # of pork loin and some drumsticks.

I'll be cooking a chitload of wings on the Ranch Kettle, plus I got a bunch of home made sausage for apps. Doing 2 full pans of Keri's Hog Apple beans, which should distract the guests while I freebase Tonybel's frijoles charros. :bounce:

This chit is fun! :whoo:

Greg, was just messing with ya when I commented about the pig size. Pretty sure nobody leaves Casa gtr hungry.

Gonna bring a buncha sausage and hot links and pecans from Texas and thinking about buying some tri-tips to cook there (and maybe getting some cooking ideas from y'all experts).

Getting stuff packed and don't think I've forgotten anything. Will be touching down at LAX around 1540 PST. Looking forward to hanging out with my SoCal Brethren!

Sorry to say we wont be able to make it. I guess we have a prior commitment, something about Stephanies niece getting married or some crap

Back