the beginning of two simply marvelous cooking days.....

deepsouth

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
hadn't planned on cooking much this weekend and ended up cooking a bunch, so i started today. i rubbed the wings down with salt and simply marvelous pecan, spicy apple and sweet seduction. smoked two batches of wings and i just put the fatty on. it is beef, pork & bacon and just has the sm pecan rub. tomorrow i'm cooking three chuck roasts for pulled beef and some brats. i'll update the thread with some more pictures tomorrow.

thanks for looking....

00cf6776.jpg

7ed6a230.jpg

4332a5e5.jpg

121f31fe.jpg

fbf86ab1.jpg

76a1d574.jpg

f742e0be.jpg

to be continued.....

Gotta love the Simply Marvelous line of rubs! They leave behind one fantastic coating of flavor and bark after they've hit the food and hit the heat. Sweet, heat, carmelized goodness!
I'd hit that!

I'd hit ALL of that!:thumb:

Those wangs look farkin great! I'm so hungry right now.......
Gonna be doin some wangs myself for a Superbowl Pary tomorrow! Hope they turn out THAT good!

Wings are definitely on the menu tomorrow for the big game, today have some thighs on and already pulled a brisket off... those wings look awesome!!!! I would hit those HARD!!!:-D

Shalauna and I are having wangs tomorrow for the game; can't wait! Have not figured what rub. I might do a little of this and that.

Jason your wangs and fatty look Simply Marvelous!:cool:

I must say, you are killin' me with those wangs, going to add some to my super bowl menu tomorrow!

Shalauna and I are having wangs tomorrow for the game; can't wait! Have not figured what rub. I might do a little of this and that.

Jason your wangs and fatty look Simply Marvelous!:cool:

I want to see what rub Steph goes to!:thumb: They are all winners! I have me my FIRST tri tip to grill up tomorrow for the game..............I'm thinking some Sweet and Spicy with a little Season All will make for some kick arse Super Bowl eats!!

Stayed tuned Bobby B, it may be up to Shalauna.

Sounds like a good combination to me.

three chucks today. seasoned under the bacon with simply marvelous cherry rub and then bacon and then sm pecan rub on top of that. remember the "uncle sunny's" guy? i'm trying his sauce today. out of the bottle, it's a sweet and spicy, but not too spicy. i have a bottle of his spicy as well, i'm saving for later. seems to be a pretty nice sauce that it think will go well with the pulled beef. i'm pretty much following clayq's pulled beef recipe.

b92c381f.jpg

918f5c49.jpg

853b25f0.jpg

6ccab7ee.jpg

84800375.jpg

71b40f70.jpg

52f48615.jpg

71f3a5f5.jpg

2f725dc7.jpg

37d3e324.jpg

90b01d3e.jpg

baa21e74.jpg

one stayed outside and one came inside to the oven, set at 300. when they are ready to pull, i'll pull all three, incorporate into the largest dish, mix in some uncle sunny's and put it back onto the smoker, uncovered, for 30 mintues to an hour.

i'm waiting for the third chuck roast to come off and pull it to add to this and back onto the smoker for an hour uncovered.

d01b2403.jpg

a0f92e80.jpg

88186601.jpg

deb7afd3.jpg

0c6dfa46.jpg

85919bf9.jpg

e70a37dc.jpg

aa6e2792.jpg

Back