BBQ Brethren "Mini Fowl" Throwdown

bigabyte

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Our new category is...

[size=+2]"Mini-Fowl!"[/size]
pickNdH9Q.jpg

Photo from Recipe Zaar Forums.

...as chosen by Jonny Rotisserie, the winner of the Beef Rib Throwdown!

"It would include anything up to cornish/rock hen size, so quail, pheasants, etc. would all be fair...ahem...game." --Jonny Rotisserie

Click here to read the rules for the BBQ Brethren Throwdown...

You may submit entries that are cooked from Friday 4/23 through Sunday 5/2.

Entry pictures must be submitted by Midnight Central US Time on Sunday night 5/2.

By submitting entry photos to this Throwdown thread you are agreeing that you have read and understand the Throwdown Rules.

The voting will begin Monday 5/3 after I submit the "Vote" thread and will run through Friday 5/7. All votes will be public.

Don't forget, you can still enter the XL Throwdown until Sunday night 4/25 by midnight Central time.

Our next category will be decided by the winner of the Burger Throwdown!

Best of luck and even better eats to all!

Going from one extreme to the other, wonder if I could get away with doing a turkey leg and call it a pygmy Ostrich. :becky:

I just got back from Memphis where I had the cornish game hen at Cozy Corner which was excellent. This is perfect since I came back in the mood to try smoking them myself.

Mini Fowl.....................MUDS! Hmmmm!!!! Can entries be a tag team cooking effort between two people..........like let's say my son and me? Lemme know.

Bob

Mini Fowl.....................MUDS! Hmmmm!!!! Can entries be a tag team cooking effort between two people..........like let's say my son and me? Lemme know.

Bob
I like that idea!:thumb:

Bob

I'm not sure what you mean by tag team, but I've tried to make it clear when I've been assisted by Master, Ninja Squirrel, Shy Puppy, and most recently, by Smokey Al Gold. Others have occasionally mentioned working with a spouse. Personally, I think these throwdowns represent a great opportunity for a family activity and would like to incorporate mine more into the process. I have resisted the temptation of including family members eating the entry, and only included some of the sous-chefs in the last entry pic because it was 100% for enjoyment purposes. For those singles, what better "date" can you imagine than preparing a throwdown entry -- perhaps Phubar has some experience here? The social aspects of cooking should not be underestimated and I believe this is part of the fun that Chris is encouraging. That said I would hate to see this evolve into competitive cooking teams -- to me that goes against the spirit. I see absolutely nothing wrong with you teaming up informally with family members and I would encourage it.

Gore, you left off using your daughter for shamelessly shilling for votes.

I was thinking of maybe getting my son involved in prepping a couple hens then tossing em in his MUDS and submitting the pic. Just want to make sure that it's cool to have some help from my "lil sous chef".
Thanks,

Bob

I think it is cool BB, anything that involves family is cool.

Agreed. My wife wants to join me in the throwdowns now and I'm like, cool!

Throwdown, Guerry! Not "Throw Me Down" :eyebrows: Whole different kinda pron and family activity there. :becky:
Just sayin..........
Dang, and the deadlines ARE always on SUNDAYs too.

Back