It's Almost Friday so what you smoking this weekend?

lcbateman3

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Yea, I know its Thursday. But the weather is so nice outside :clap2: (and looks like for the majority of the country). So what you smoking this weekend?

Me? Friday doing about 100 Wings for our Life Group.

Then Saturday is Brisket, Butt, and Chicken. Practice for up coming comps!

Tossing some ribs in the smoker on Saturday. A fatty might make its way in there too.

Some pulled pork and maybe a spatchcock chicken on the egg.

2 chuckies, 2 plain fatties.
Chuckies will be pulled for enchaladas.

Grilling for me vs. smoking on Friday...

Purchased my first ever tri-tip today here in North Atlanta. These babies are hard to find down South. Local market caters to most of the local restaurants and they are now carrying at the request of a few of us local who have been jealous of some of the Western Brethren. A bit pricey at $5.99 but a friend did a couple this weekend and the taste and texture sure does beat a London Broil....

I usually don't marinade but I have this one in soy based marinade with 3 Beers brand rub made just South of me in Alpharetta.

Saturday

Pork shoulder low and slow for 10 to 12 hours on the BGE with some pecan and cherry wood.

I'm telling!! You're taking JD's job!:tsk::p

Me? nothing cooking this weekend!

Yea, well you see, after looking at all this pron up here I got real hungry. The weather outside is driving me crazy, so had to see what everyone else had plan.

Nothing this weekend? Not even a hot dog?? I need to send you a PM to, I need some supplies you sent me before, now that I am out!

Yea, well you see, after looking at all this pron up here I got real hungry. The weather outside is driving me crazy, so had to see what everyone else had plan.

Nothing this weekend? Not even a hot dog?? I need to send you a PM to, I need some supplies you sent me before, now that I am out!

I'll see what I can do, I'm sure we can have our own "trade round".

I picked up a case of St. Louie spares yesterday for Sat. cook. There are 15 racks in the case. I'm cooking 10 of them for a meeting Sat. night.

Im going big and smoking 6lbs of almonds while im working at the bbq store. People love smelling the smoke rolling at the store even if there is nothing on the smoker :). I get more people asking for almonds than anything else, and trust me the other stuff I cook is good but they just love 'em.

Wife asked the same question

Thinking of chuckie tacos for this weekend. This would be my first attempt on the Pro Q.
Even after just finishing lunch, looking at the pictures of those is making me hungry again.

Chicken wings, possibly a brisket, and cold smoking salmon on Sunday that I'll start curing tonight.

2 Chuckies, 1 rack of SLS Spares.

If I'm feeling frisky, will finish off the first of 4 UDSs, and try it out.

Gasser Chease burgers tomarrow night. BB Ribs and Country Style Smoked for Saturday. (Once I finish the mods on the Chargriller) Sunday, Probably "Wing day" for the race.

Catering job this weekend, so it's Santa Maria style tri-tip, marinated chicken breasts, hot dogs for the kiddies, and most adults, ranch beans, mac & cheese, garlic bread and garden salad. Oh yes, beer for the cook.

It's pouring rain and windy here:mad: Think I'm going to throw some Poblano, Anaheim and Jalapenos in the coals and get started on something spicey. I just love the smell of chiles in the house. Good thing I have a tolerant wife!

Back