Smoked Water: The Latest Cooking Craze? (News Article)

I'm gonna give it a try. I think I'll just fill up one of my metal collanders with room temperature water(Don't want to wait for it to come up to temp). Then I'll throw it on my NBBD, with some cherry and hickory. Just not sure it I should spritz or mop it every hour.

Matt

This crops up from time to time....
I cold smoke all my water @ really low temp ( See therm )

woodwork--8-8-2011013.jpg

And always, always foil......:roll:

If people will pay money for this, they'll definitely buy my Essence of BBQ(tm)(r) flavorings I've been developing (smoked, rendered fat and seasonings- basically drippings). I make a grilled chicken salad using the Chicken "essence" as the base for a vinagrette- it's awesome!

too funny!

laughed out loud at work and had the boss give me a strange look:wacko:

If people will pay money for this, they'll definitely buy my Essence of BBQ(tm)(r) flavorings I've been developing (smoked, rendered fat and seasonings- basically drippings). I make a grilled chicken salad using the Chicken "essence" as the base for a vinagrette- it's awesome!

done this many times myself...

my wife complains that i can turn a 'healthy' dish unhealthy in a matter of moments...

but i always reply...'aint no leftovers, are there?!'

I froze it so I could lay it on a mesh rack over a pan, thereby increasing circulation and smokiness!
I know, I rock!
:rockon:
Pr0n later!

Well I guess it sounds better than Breast milk ice cream craze. How is this any different than liquid smoke.

Let me guess.......

Next thing you guys will be saying is Crock Pot water is not real water.
Or never, ever boil your water. :tsk:

woodwork--8-8-2011013.jpg

Try it with red butchers paper. Keeps the water from getting to wet :thumb:

Back