Caldo de Pollo con Arroz!

BobBrisket

Reaction score
So, came home from work on Friday and literally crashed out with my work clothes and shoes on for a couple hours. Been kinda fighting allergies, etc all week. Finally, get up to get dressed for bed, and the I start to feel the body aches and fever! FARK! Head off to the clinic and get some antibiotics, and some other really good meds to fight the sinus infection I now had. This weekend has been lots of rest and fluids (of the non adult and sudsy type :evil:). Figured I'd make some loaded chicken soup. That stuff cures everything, RIGHT!? :eusa_clap
Ingredients:
Caldito001_zpsce8ccd6a.jpg

Caldito002_zps188a1647.jpg

YOUNG chicken! NOT an OLD chicken!:wacko:
With the sinus infection, I wasn't in the mood to build a fire or cook over charcoal. But I did cook outside and it technically was cooked ON the Weber Kettle!:heh:
Caldito003_zps1a33c7de.jpg

I hear many of you are already dealing with cold and snot! Poor you!!!:laugh:
Balmy 75*!:twisted:
Caldito004_zps162d40bc.jpg

Tossed in some grilled pork steaks from the other day to help build up the smoky stock. Coco will enjoy these for dinner!:clap2:
Caldito005_zps5a6e9127.jpg

Some wild rice, also added some Jasmine rice. Wasn't quite enough left in this bag.
Caldito006_zpsb9dd1542.jpg

Chopped up da bird. It's getting there.
Caldito007_zps1d453661.jpg

Secret Ingredient for color! Can you see what it is???? HuH? Can ya? :thumb:
Caldito008_zpsac16fa85.jpg

Veggies. Found those little turnips still hanging on in the garden! Coco the rototiller managed NOT to pull these up and kill them like she's done with everything else!:wacko:
Caldito009_zpsbf6290e7.jpg

Almost there!:bored:
Caldito010_zpsd9f80108.jpg

Also added a can of corn and cannellini beans. Why not! It already had a bunch of other chit in there!:wink:
Caldito011_zpsbd6611f2.jpg

FINALLY! Topped it with some chopped "penos and sprinkle of tepin and a must have is some lime juice!:bow: And saltines!
Caldito013_zps1f4cff28.jpg

I wanted to get a good sweat going with the heat from the soup and the chiles so that I can sweat the last of this crud out! It worked!:twisted:

Thanks for looking!

Bob

Man, that is a loaded soup, I like the philosophy.

Coco looks like she knew those chops were hers

Vedry nice thee Bob I love a good soup Hope you are better Hey have you ever tried Trenton OTC crakers They dont get soggy like saltines

Vedry nice thee Bob I love a good soup Hope you are better Hey have you ever tried Trenton OTC crakers They dont get soggy like saltines

I thought that name sounded familiar. Went to the pantry and I picked up a sleeve of crackers last night when we did grocery shopping. I picked up some Breton multigrain. Are those the same ones you are referring to George?

Back