• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

I Pooped, I Cooked, I Ate.

I don't know why everyone gets all hung up on what you cook on:confused: I would like to see anything legal as a cooking device, gas, electric, wood .... I know it's breaking with tradition, but I don't fear the pellet pooper or the gas unit. Bring it on.

Just saw this P-cubed thread (Pellet Pooping Phil)......Arma-farkin-geddon:shock:

We just inhaled the brisket flat I made last night. I hate to admit it, but thanks to barbefunkoramaq's Brisket thread, I think the brisket I just made was better than any I made all last year.

then again, it can also be because i haven't had brisket since before the royal last Oct. :mrgreen:

brisket was Hickory/cherry mix. Started at 160-165 for 2-3 hours, then pushed to 250 to finish. No smoke ring to speak of, but excellent flavor. the wife is walkig around..'amazing.. thats from the pellet popper?" <--yes.. she said POPPER.

its not a 'smokey' flavor, but alot of 'wood' flavor. I think the salmon may wait till tomorrow since we just finished the entire flat and a load of texas toast.

Phil..........outstanding looking brisket.

I don't know why everyone gets all hung up on what you cook on:confused: I would like to see anything legal as a cooking device, gas, electric, wood .... I know it's breaking with tradition, but I don't fear the pellet pooper or the gas unit. Bring it on.

Its a LONG and distinguished history there. I think the level of abuse by any one individual will be in direct relation to how long they have known me. All in fun. Chit, Even I look in the mirror and start abusing me too. :tongue:

Stretch that 160-165 out to 6-7 hours and you'll have all the smoke ring you ever wanted. Nice job on the brisky!

Seriously? and then where do u push it to to finish? and how much longer does it add to a packer?

Its a LONG and distinguished history there. I think the level of abuse by any one individual will be in direct relation to how long they have known me. All in fun. Chit, Even I look in the mirror and start abusing me too. :tongue:

Huh?

Too much info boss!

We just inhaled the brisket flat I made last night. I hate to admit it, but thanks to barbefunkoramaq's Brisket thread, I think the brisket I just made was better than any I made all last year.

then again, it can also be because i haven't had brisket since before the royal last Oct. :mrgreen:

brisket was Hickory/cherry mix. Started at 160-165 for 2-3 hours, then pushed to 250 to finish. No smoke ring to speak of, but excellent flavor. the wife is walkig around..'amazing.. thats from the pellet popper?" <--yes.. she said POPPER.

its not a 'smokey' flavor, but alot of 'wood' flavor. I think the salmon may wait till tomorrow since we just finished the entire flat and a load of texas toast.

Would you mind posting the link to the barbefunkoramaq brisket thread you referenced? I couldn't find it. Thanks.

Historic post and thread

To commemorate what I'm sure will be a classic, The Phil Pellet Pooper Post,
I have decided to change my avatar in recognition.
(goodbye to King Crimson and the Court of the Crimson King......)

Really great lookin' briskie by the way......

And always remember,
no matter where you go,
there you are.

Enjoy, Phil.

Stretch that 160-165 out to 6-7 hours and you'll have all the smoke ring you ever wanted. Nice job on the brisky!

Exactly, or let it run at 200-210 for several hours. That would help the "smoke" flavor a bit, too. Note a major difference, but should be noticeable.

Ya shoulda tried a UDS with the BBQ guru before driving off the cliff.
Have you ever considered boiling the Ribs and Brisket, adding liquid smoke, and then
throwing them into the Crock Pot?
You wouldn't have to go outside!:mrgreen:

Weiser

Would you mind posting the link to the barbefunkoramaq brisket thread you referenced? I couldn't find it. Thanks.

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57130

Ya shoulda tried a UDS with the BBQ guru before driving off the cliff.
Have you ever considered boiling the Ribs and Brisket, adding liquid smoke, and then
throwing them into the Crock Pot?
You wouldn't have to go outside!:mrgreen:

Weiser

whoa.... maybe just an injection of cyanide?(or FAB)... in my arm...

opps.. here comes another debate!.

Back