• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Butchering weekend plus Bacon in progress - PrOn!

Looks good , do you han your pork belly and hams after they take salt

Looks good. But why the camo inside. Someone thinking of sneaking off with the meat?

Some folks just like camo....but I'll keep a close eye on him just in case. :biggrin1:

Jestridge - I'm planning on hanging a ham or two next year, I might even get one from the locker before hand and do a trial run. The belly, what we don't slice for fresh side pork gets a dry cure, 7 days in the fridge and the I pull, rinse, let sit overnight in the fridge to form the pellicle and then it gets smoked, cooled and sliced.

Camo is like tie dye,hard to see stains from food dripping on you.:oops:How's that slicer?I've been looking at the same one.

Yellowhair - so far I'm liking it a lot. I opened it up the night before we butchered so it's only had one day of use but we did a fair amount of slicing. It seems to be a well-built unit, it's quiet, has plenty of power and is easy to clean.

Tuesday evening I'll be slicing up a bunch of bellies so it'll get another workout.

Right around Christmas they had a big sale on these slicers. Originally I was planning on picking up the 10" but they were all sold out when we went to Cabelas and backordered online. At the time they had two of these 8.6" versions left so I snagged one.

Back