• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Foreign Objects in Lump

You better at least get one free bag out of that after you contact the company and show them those pics. That's filthy.

The only thing bad i've found so far with wicked good is too many huge pieces of logs.

I use RO too, but that is ridiculous. Just some small rocks so far. Find some WG.

I have some WG but usually save it for my long cooks. Like you I have to bust up the "logs". Only object I've found in WG has been some nylon cord.

looks like a possible native american artifact, I would take it to the museum and have it carbon dated, may be worth it's weight in gold. :)

It does look like an axe head! Maybe MartyLeach can make me a fancy custom handle for it & I can use it as a lump buster! :wink:

Found this in my last bag of RO lump.

1333374773.jpg

Looks very similar but yours looks a bit more lethal!

It looks like a tooth from the machine they use to scoop it up. They are usually replaceable since they wear.

I love Wicked Good WW. I'm in NH so it's fairly cheap. I pay $16-$17 for a 22# bag. My only complaint is a lot of times the pieces are TOO BIG!
I usually have to break them into smaller chunks. I do sometimes find a piece of concrete in there but that is about it.

-Kenny

You're probably right about it being a tooth.

I am so farkin' jealous. I found a chunk of UFO-shaped concrete in Cowboy lump that was nearly a foot in diameter and weighed well over 5 pounds (the bag was significantly heavier than the 10 pounds advertised). What you have there is REALLY cool though. That is better than anything I've ever gotten!

Wow, 5+ lbs! That's got to be a top contender for largest & heaviest object!

I'd love to try WG but it's $25.00 a bag in my town. :cry:

Boy do I feel ya on that one Bo! Olde Towne Butcher right? I bought a bag from them and it had to have been the best lump I've ever used but just to dang much :sad:

A live toad.

I poured in the lump and when I went to stir it around a piece jumped. Little farker scared the heck out me. He was covered in black dust and blended right in (until he jumped that is).

It is a shame Wicked Good is so expensive. I have a friend who sells it and I often trade him rubs and sauce for charcoal. Don't tell him, but I usually get the better of the deal. I also usually save that for long cooks and use RO in between.

This seems like a box of Cracker Jack. :mrgreen: I found a 6" chunk of asphalt in my last bag of RO. I've found a few rocks here and there, nothing too big and also some wire. I agree that the Wicked Good is excellent but expensive. And no complaining about the pieces being to too small either. There are some big, dense pieces in there.

i feel left out as i've found little to nothing and i do go through it instead of dumping it. i did find rocks in an off brand bag of lump. i think its just something thats to be expected. for sure if it rather heavy, contact ro and they should get you another bag.

all this seems to confirm the rumor I posted that demolition and storm debris are used to make charcoal in the earlier post.

Concrete and asphalt..... Wow

all this seems to confirm the rumor I posted that demolition and storm debris are used to make charcoal in the earlier post.

Concrete and asphalt..... Wow

Although it's a drag when they make it into the bag.... insulation, asphalt or concrete are from the kiln and somehow passed through the sorting station.

Back