Heading to memphis

brandonh1987

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Where should I try !? I was thinkin rendezvous, interstate, central bbq... Any recommendations?

I did not care for Interstate BBQ – they covered everything in their sauce. They do have a big following though. I would suggest you drive down I-55 a few miles to Memphis BBQ Company. The food and atmosphere are great. It is a very short drive below Memphis in Horn Lake, MS.

Kinda sounds like memphis bbq is not as good as what it's cracked up to be? Maybe I should road trip somewhere else ??

The Q in Memphis is good there are just several options. Rendevous is good but it is a little different than most. Cooked directly over the coals with a mop - the mop drips on the coals which adds another layer of flavor. The ribs are good but they are different than most.

IMHO you can get lost in BBQ in Memphis esp in the hole in the wall places. There are some that have a greek influence - don't sell it short.

I did not care for Interstate BBQ – they covered everything in their sauce. They do have a big following though. I would suggest you drive down I-55 a few miles to Memphis BBQ Company. The food and atmosphere are great. It is a very short drive below Memphis in Horn Lake, MS.

This^^^

I've been there and can vouch. Pretty good stuff and great atmosphere.

Of these three I'd recommend Central on Central Ave. Not the other location.

I can vouch here also, Central is the best Q I've found consistently in Memphis. We head over regularly for Memphis Grizzlie games. There has been a wait when I've went to the Central Ave. location.

Rendezvouz is not BBQ, it's strictly grilled, and personally, I didn't care for it at all the ONE time I went. Again, Central ON Central. Cozy Corner has really good Cornish hens and BBQ Bolony sammiches. The BBQ Shop on Madison Ave ain't bad either. Stay away from Corky's too. Interstate (Neely family) pretty much sucks and Neely's definately sucks. Leonards used to be good but there's only one left I think and I never ate at that location.

Back