It's Friday Folks...What's Smokin' This Weekend?

JD McGee

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Happy Friday Brethren! The usual tonight...NY strips and spuds on the BGE! :biggrin: Thinkin' about a pot-o-beans on Saturday or Sunday. Have a great weekend! :p

Same back at you! You know my schedule! LOL! Do some sweet potatoes!!

I did a batch of Keri C's hog apple beans for my company's potluck Thanksgiving luncheon today

A whole pork loin, a pork tenderloin, a ham & turkey boobs in the smoker.

Ribeyes, twice baked potatoes, salad, stuffed shrimp, home made rolls and french onion soup for Mrs Baggs and my Birthday dinner tomorrow.

Well, I gotta have some brats this weekend, and I'm thinking about smoking a turkey boob too.
We'll see what the weekend holds.

I have a couple NY Strips thawed out for tonight, but the rest of the weekend is up in the air.

I'm going to start my fire at 3am Saturday. I've got 5 packers, 10 butts, an 15 slabs, that have to be sliced, diced, pulled & glazed & ready to eat by 6 that evening. Then I get to start on the birds. 17 young hens are waiting to be smoked & eaten. I told their new owners to come and get them around 6 on Sunday night. We'll see how that goes.

When I walked outside this morning it was 18 degrees. I think I'll pull the old smoke machine in the garage tonight so I don't have to start out with a frozen chunk of iron at 3am.

I am going to stop by my new favorite store to pick up my meat. RD rocks! It doesn't get much easier than that. Don't have to get it all way in advance & worry about storing it. They're not going to run out of anything. Plus you don't have to deal with everybody looking for free lunches & dinner everytime you go done there. Makes me wish I owned a resturant, just so I could buy all that neat stuff.

Going to be a great weekend. Everyone enjoy. Steve.

No major plans. Salad probably tonight. May do steaks stuffed with crab Sunday or may say bag it and do cheese steaks and pizza instead

Doing a test run of a whole turkey tomorrow....plus I gotta heat up some frozen butt from a month ago, for mom's 60th b-day.

I was going to pratice smoking turkey's but I am getting really tired of birds, so ribs for me!!

Pork Tenderloin, fatties, and for the first time Moink Balls.

A whole pork loin, a pork tenderloin, a ham & turkey boobs in the smoker.

Ribeyes, twice baked potatoes, salad, stuffed shrimp, home made rolls and french onion soup for Mrs Baggs and my Birthday dinner tomorrow.

"Happy Birthday Bro"...:p

One case of pork butts and a brisket for a fundraiser for legion baseball.

I got two slabs of ribs in the FEC 100 right now, and a pair of boneless boobs on the brine for a couple hours. I'm gonna fire up the Treager to about 425 and do them quick this afternoon with a Lemon Pepper and garlic rubbed on the outside.

Last edited:
I'm going to smoke some cheese for the first time. If it comes out OK, I'll serve it as one of the apps on Thanksgiving.

I smoked some cheese for the first time. Harvarti and chedder. 2 briquettes and some pecan smoke stix. It was great. Next is MOINK balls.:p

WHAT'S SMOKIN?

Stuffed smoked burgers for tonight.

The tailpipes of my Harley for the rest of the weekend, going on a three day ride, and leaving the cooking to the folks that own resteraunts along the way!

Have a good ride bro...(jealous mod) :biggrin:

MIL asked for a smoked turkey and ham this year. I've never done a whole turkey before so I'm going to do a trial run on an 18 lb'er my wife got. If it turns out I'll freeze it til Thursday. If it doesn't I'll try another one Wednesday. Now to choose between the WSM, the UDS or the CG. Apple wood or pecan. Decisions, decisions.

Back