The Great Pork Steak Throwdown

U

Ulcer Acres

At the 2008 Kick Off Cook Off Classic in Hazelwood,MO next weekend they are having a "Pork Steak Throwdown" It is a side category that you cook pork steak and garnish is anything goes. Several here know that cooking pork steak is one of my many skills. So I am inviting all who are there and up for the challenge to try there hand at beating the Pork Steak Champ. I plan on having some side action going on it also. I have heard there may even be some celebrities there that compete in those "Throwdown" events. Bring em on.

Yes that is the same one. They added pork steak and dessert for Friday night. We will give them a run for the money

We are aware of your cooking skills. As usual, the question is can Marla cook pork steak?

Do you know any details of the contest? Are they supplying the meat? I don't remember reading that. I know you supply your own turn in box and no garnish rules. I would not be opposed of a little side wager. What are we talking about?

Cheers,

Nate

Gotta love a throwdown...

In this corner, wearing bib overalls and playing the part of Bobby Flay, the self-proclaimed King of Smack Talk BBQ...

Rrrrrrrrrrandy!

In the other corner... Everyone else! :-D :-D :-D

Are you ready for some pork steak?

Good luck, Randy! knock 'em dead!

Hey Randy, me thinks I can give you a helluva run on them pork steaks. So what kinda side action ya talkin about??????????????????

It would be nice if you do win some side bets to donate them to Cancer Sucks Chicago's foundation.

From the way I read it, it was open garnish so do what ever. I do not think they are suppling the meat, but Pork Steak is pretty cheap. On Friday we can decide what kind of money everyone want to do. Bring it on let the throwdown begin. We will have to make sure we have some one to take pictures for this life time event.

Ok. I'm not worried about the cost of the meat. I was interested in the cut I would be cooking. Now what part of the cow does the pork steak come from?

Cheers,

Nate

PS. What kind of odds are we getting against the master??

Pork steak is a pork butt cut into slices. It can be cut with or without the bone still in it. But most time with the bone still in it.

I'm familiar with pork steaks. You know you're going to be judged by St. Louis natives and they're a big fans of Mauls BBQ sauce. I'm not sure your Illinois techniques will work over here on this side of the river.

Cheers,

Nate

Pork = Pig
Beef = Cow

Got it.

Nate, that is where you all fall apart. Everyone thinks sauce,sauce,sauce, it is technique, that is what sets people apart. I am sure we will all have a great time with this on Friday.

Ok. I'm not worried about the cost of the meat. I was interested in the cut I would be cooking. Now what part of the cow does the pork steak come from?

Cheers,

Nate

PS. What kind of odds are we getting against the master??

Odds, we DON'T need no stinkin' odds :p

I didn't say he would be favored. I was thinking I'd have to put up $100 against his $50.

Careful Reverend. I think you might have a ringer in Nate... As we all know, if you dare go against what is the norm in those throw downs, you have a very good chance of beating the experts. Go get 'em Reverend!!! Bring the title back to Illinois where it truly belongs!!!

Scottie

Going against the norm rarely works for Bobby Flay. I suggest Randy stick with the Maulls. :-D

Well this won't be Bobby Flay cooking either. It's the Reverend. Known all over the world.

I also believe that he will be wearing his Ric Flair outfit on Friday night for the cooks meeting, along with his championship Smack Talk belt. To layeth a little smacketh down... Wooo Hoooooo

:roll:

Back