Most amount of food cooked

jsimonson0

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Watching and reading the traffic here, two questions come to mind:

1 - How much food have each of us cooked in a single session (ie, from the time the heat-source goes on, until the heat source is intentionally extinguished)?

and

2 - How much food have we had actually over heat and cooking at one time?

I think my personal best for both is 40+ lbs of ribs and wings one weekend this past summer (courtesy of Darth Smoker), but from the pictures I've seen, that's a week-day cook for some of y'all. So let's hear it, whether catering, family reunions, whatever...

30 Racks
8 pork butts
2 briskets
12 peices of chicken

(Harpoon 2007... contest--> vending)

amount cooked

I cooked 250lbs of porkbutts/briskets 2weeks ago.
Eric

90lbs of chuck rolls

IMG_7693.jpg

40lb of chicken thighs

IMG_7715.jpg

30lbs of brats

IMG_7704.jpg

This was for 250+ people that attended a house tour.

Nate

Last year we cooked three 280lb hogs in one go. Had to use three cookers.

Other than that I've had about 150 chicken thighs in the cooker, and in January I have to cook about 200 pounds of pork butts.

Catering job

600+ peeps total, 2-3 catering jobs in that week, can't really remember right now......I did then! LOL! 250 pounds pork butt and 250 pounds of brisket.

12 racks of BBs
4 butts
2 briskets
1 3 lb fattie
50 wings
1 brick of cheddar cheese
1 side of salmon

no partridges in a pear tree tho...

all at once, day after Thankgsiving this year at my brother's house.

yum.

I cooked a hundred pounds of butts and four pans of beans for 125 people this past summer. Typical cook will be two butts, six racks of ribs, two to three chickens

Personally,

10 briskets for 300 people on a chargriller, a meco water smoker and the oven for cooking after they were foiled.

As a group,

The CBBQA cooked 350 briskets, several cases of chicken and an untold amount of hot dogs and hamburger for 10000 troops and their families at the 29 Palms Marine Corp base.

salute057.jpg

salute028.jpg

salute098.jpg

salute093.jpg

salute090.jpg

Jeff (Bubba and Jeff) and I cooked 54 Pork Butts and 36 slabs of ribs at one time about a month or so ago. The cooker still wasn't full. I don't want to pull that many butts at one time ever again unless I got a Buffalo Chopper.:shock: (Big Puss Mod.):redface:

I did 100 butts in 2 days, 50 at a time for a festival. 420 lbs, approximately, in each of the 2 loads.
butts50.jpg

Somewhere between 3,500 and 4,000 #'s of Brisket

But I had help :rolleyes:

attachment.jpg

bbq3.jpg

Last edited:
I did 3 cases of butts, 2 cases of ribs, 3 beer butt chickens and 3 briskets for my wedding a little over 3 yrs ago.

Everybody had plenty to eat and lots of leftovers.

I once cooked 1200 one pound steaks for a party, but that was when I was cooking professionally. On the smoker, 6 butts, 6 briskets and 120 pieces of chicken for a catering job a few weeks ago.

I cooked 80lbs of pork butt, 36 rack of ribs and 75 1/4 pieces of chicken in my Meadow Creek for a street festival in North Plainfield, NJ this past summer. Did the butts over night. Then did the ribs and chicken in stages from 10am to 5 pm. I had the smoker chugging for 21 hours.

The town already told me that I was gradfathered for next years festival.

Back