Best way to clean ceramic on Kamado

Esharpe

MemberGot rid of the matchlight.
Reaction score
Hi,

I have a Primo Jr and the outer black ceramic, picks up ash, I wipe it off with a damp sponge when the unit is cold, but the ceramic , looks like there is a film on it, is there a preferred way to make it look shiny new again, or just soap and water. Anyone have a preferred method/product to clean the outside of their Kamado ?

I use THIS on my KJ. Just spray it on let it sit a few mins then wipe with a cloth, works great. I've also used Windex which works well.

I also like to do this when it's a little warm, beginning or end of cooks.

Light up a high heat fire 500* or so or a bit higher. It turns white like new. Make sure not to crisp up the gaskets though

Light up a high heat fire 500* or so or a bit higher. It turns white like new. Make sure not to crisp up the gaskets though

Think he's talking about the outside :cool:

Organic vegetable wash and nylon sponge or rub with lemon and soft rag. Nothing abrasive.

Yes I meant the outside, inside is black for good, at least the dome is ...
liner is white after a couple of pizzas at 600 or so, I have a hi-temp gasket :-D
I will try the lemon for sure, trying to avoid any chemicals, thank you.

1/2 cup white vinegar and a gallon of water. Use lemon on the tougher stains. Use leftovers to clean tile floors, coffee pots, windows etc

Light up a high heat fire 500* or so or a bit higher. It turns white like new. Make sure not to crisp up the gaskets though.

Back