Sam's Club Has Whole Choice Brisket!

silverfinger

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
I went into Sam's yesterday in Torrance Ca and for the first time they had a whole choice brisket for sale. I asked them if they are going to start stocking them and they said that they are. 2.39 a pound. This Sam's has just gone through a remodel and they said they were able to make room for a larger selection of meats.

IMG_8269_zpsfa28c314.jpg

IMG_8270_zpsba648197.jpg

We all know that Costco has been selling prime for 3.79 a pound and I think I would rather have the prime but its good to know that us So Cal guy's might have another place to choose our briskets from.

COSTCO BRISKET
IMG_7907_zps2a37c2aa.jpg

I saw one whole packer at our local Sam's. That's the only one I have seen in two or three years.

As far as prime vs. choice, remember that the grade is assigned to the carcass based on a sample from the ribeye between the 12th and 13th rib. That doesn't mean that the brisket is necessarily better from a prime carcass over a choice carcass. I pick the brisket that looks and feels best to me.

Hey Silverfinger,

That's weird. I have been buying choice packers at Sams for years now. They always had them and at 2.39. Surprising that you local Sams didnt carry them. Sometimes you just have to ask for them becuase they don't bring them out.

Santa Clarita and Pacoima clubs to be exact.

Hey Silverfinger,

That's weird. I have been buying choice packers at Sams for years now. They always had them and at 2.39. Surprising that you local Sams didnt carry them. Sometimes you just have to ask for them becuase they don't bring them out.

Santa Clarita and Pacoima clubs to be exact.

They only carried flats. Ive been shopping at that location since it opened. About 20 years. I asked the butcher about them a couple of weeks ago and He said He would see if He could get them in. Maybe thats why Im seeing them for the first time at this location.

I know you started this thread about the Costco CAB Prime brisket.

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=170484

Our Sam's Club here has never carried full packers, only USDA Choice flats. They say that there is no demand for them (huh?) and our Costco only carries well trimmed Choice flats, no prime. Walmarts started carrying USDA Choice packers about 6 months ago here. I usually go to Rest. Depot for my briskets anyway, but I would go to Sam's if they carried them.

choice

Same only send choice briskets to stores that has the most demand for them is what I was told

They only carried flats. Ive been shopping at that location since it opened. About 20 years. I asked the butcher about them a couple of weeks ago and He said He would see if He could get them in. Maybe thats why Im seeing them for the first time at this location.

I know you started this thread about the Costco CAB Prime brisket.

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=170484

I guess it varies by club just like the Primes at Costco. I had no trouble getting them from my area Sams for the past few years. I guess peole around here love their briskets. lol

Yep! I just get it from Costco now since the Burbank location seems to stock the Primes at 2.59ish regularly.

Born and raised in CA I did not know what a brisket was until I moved to TX. LOL

One the flip side, my co-worker was born in Texas (moved to CA as a teen) and he was like "What's a brisket?" :shock:

You poor soul! But I bet you knew what tri-tip was! :wink:

You'd be surprised that most have no clue what a Tri-Tip is either. People think Tony Romas is good bbq.:wacko: And they asked me for steak sauce when I hosted a party and grilled wagyu ribeyes. I almost threw him out.:evil:

I think that the availability of cut varies dramatically over the regions. I know that when I go to a Sams in CA versus NM or TX that the offerings and cuts are very different. My friend in CA can't find cuts for brisket that are standard here in town.

You'd be surprised that most have no clue what a Tri-Tip is either. People think Tony Romas is good bbq.:wacko: And they asked me for steak sauce when I hosted a party and grilled wagyu ribeyes. I almost threw him out.:evil:
Well, hopefully, he didn't ask for it to be well done, also. Next time, keep his Wagyu in the fridge and give him the Walmart "special value" ribeye!

The Sam's Club in Temecula Ca has been carrying them for a couple of years now.

Oddly enough, I can only find whole packers at Walmart right now. My local Sam's Club only carries flats. *shrug*

Back