• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Chuck Roast

Diesel Dave

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Picked up a 4 lb Chuck roast for supper. I have it rubbed wit french onion soup mix. Thanks to whoever posted it, I just can't remember.
It's going now at 250 with some cherry wood for smoke, what other wood is there :biggrin1:
Here's a pic of it before hitting the offset.
Rub was on for a few hours as I did it before the wife and I went to walk around the county fair.

picture.php
picture.php

How long you think it'll go? I gotta do all my smoking on Weekends -- grill some during week.

I'm shooting for 4 hour cook and 1 hr rest. We'll see when it's probe tender though.
Smoked for 2 hrs and then wrapped with 1/4 cup beef broth. I use a cube of the dried bullion to 1/4 c water.

Thanks deguerre :thumb:

Thanks everyone. Next pic in......30 minutes when it comes off to foil.

Pulled and sliced pics will be posted.....of course :laugh:

Not only does it look good it smells insanely great!

ok we just got done eating. Didn't do any pulled just sliced.
Took the roast off the grill when it was mostly probe tender. Ran out of time to cook as my son has to get up for school. Total time was 4 3/4 hrs, could have gone 5 at the temp I was running. But all in all this was a good roast, tender and quite the flavor.
Thanks for lookin in.

picture.php

That looks terrific, and if it was almost perfect, that sliced had to be good. I really like sliced chuck roast anyways, in some ways, it is better than pulled.

Back