• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Slow Cooked Full Lamb Shoulder

Then we made Croquettes,
mediteranian Lamb, Goats Cheese and Dry mashed potato.
Crumbed in Panko.

Half where deep Fried, the other half ,browned in a pan then over the coals,

Deep fried

Grilled over coals.

Dinner was served.
The grilled ones had a much better crunch and tasted dryer, my prefered method.

Reheated for breakfast, even more prefered, flavour developed very nicely.

Thanks for looking.

Looks amazing. What is the cost per lb or kl of a whole leg in Australia? Lamb chops have come down to $3.97/lb here but whole leg is waaay more expensive

Looks amazing. What is the cost per lb or kl of a whole leg in Australia? Lamb chops have come down to $3.97/lb here but whole leg is waaay more expensive

#I payed $8.50 a kilo for that lamb shoulder.
We can pay upwards of $20 a kilo for chops

Very interesting. I would assume your lamb is grass fed free range. US these days is way to commercialized. That price I gave is definitely not free range.

Great pics!!!

I have boned/semi boned several lamb legs for customers, never a shoulder cause we don't carry them. That cut looks beautiful, especially since the shoulders were still joined at the backbone. The results look outstanding as well, great cook!!!!!

I have boned/semi boned several lamb legs for customers, never a shoulder cause we don't carry them. That cut looks beautiful, especially since the shoulders were still joined at the backbone. The results look outstanding as well, great cook!!!!!

I live in an area that is very Multicultural so we get most things that are Basic cuts to the countries of Origin, shoulder would be used more than leg In these countries I believe.
Mind you I have to walk into the Coolroom and point to what I want.
Sometimes I try not to look at the floor and walls too much.
You learn that trick after working at the Coronial Offices:laugh:

Titch...

You're a Farking LEGEND! :hail::hail::hail:

This award does not come out a lot these days... but damn that deserves....

ALFTickofApproval.gif

Simply Outstanding!

Cheers!

Bill

Back