View Single Post
Old 04-06-2013, 11:05 AM   #62
Ron_L

Name/Nickname : Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamabuzzard View Post
Then I guess I'm a big "slow", knuckle dragging, mouth breather that slobbers out the side of my mouth. Because brisket isn't "easy" for me. I attribute it to being a different animal to cook than ribs and pork butt. Not necessarily "harder" but different with regard to the method of determining when it is done or not.
Maybe all the slobber is washing the rub off of the meat?

If there's one thing I've learned in BBQ, it's that everyone has some meats that are "easy" for them and others that are harder. For whatever the reason, I've never had a problem with brisket, but competition chicken kicks my butt! I can't seem to get it right. Right now there are dozens of Brethren laughing at me because chicken is easy for them.

We all just need to realize that there are folks here at different experience levels, regardless of how long they have been on the site. Join date means nothing more than when you first signed up. There are folks who have been here since the beginning and have purple user names but only cook a couple of times a year and there are folks here who joined last week but have been cooking BBQ for 30 years. The color of our user names and our join date do not equate to experience or wisdom. We all can learn from everyone.

This also means there there will be questions that come up often and questions that may seem silly to some of us, but are very serious to the person who posted it. They all deserve our best answer and it should be done in a courteous and friendly manner. That's what made this site the best BBQ site on the Internet.

The other thing that quickly becomes obvious after reading the posts for a while is that there is more than one way to get good results, even with the same equipment. If someone's method or equipment is different than yours that doesn't mean that they deserve anything less than your best advice and definitely doesn't mean that they deserve ridicule or a nasty response. If you do things differently and feel that they can benefit from your techniques then point out what you do and let them know why you do it. It they are using different equipment accept their decision and either don't reply or try to help them with what they are using. Don't put them down because you don't think their equipment is as good as yours or doesn't meet your definition of BBQ. There is way too much of that going on around here lately.

Sorry for the mini rant, but thanks for reading

Naked Fatties Rock!

PKGo X 2/PK360/
Ron_L is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->