• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

NEW ~ BBQ Pitmasters At The Top Of The Hour ~ Myron & Son...

thirdeye

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Reaction score
... travel around the US in search of the best BBQ.

Not sure if the description means restaurants, comps, or someones backyard. I'm tuning in to find out.

Tonight's episode is Father vs. Son, showcasing Myron competing against his son Michael at the Big Pig Jig. Wonder if the format of this episode will emulate the Season 1 format...

Did Jack's New South come about because of the win at Smoking in Mesquite on Pitmasters season 1 when Myron had to give back his $10k winnings because he also had another part of his team competing as Jack's Old South cooking at another competition on the same day?

Dangitman....stuck at work.

Will catch it on the DVR when I can kick back and enjoy it.

Sounds like it's got potential to be one of the better episodes. Just for meaness, they ought to throw out some ridiculous challenges for Myron to handle....Season 2 style ( I hated that mess)...."Here ya go, Myron....while your ribs are cooking we want to you to grill this fresh roadkill...".

Looking forward to seeing this tomorrow or Tuesday.

Did Jack's New South come about because of the win at Smoking in Mesquite on Pitmasters season 1 when Myron had to give back his $10k winnings because he also had another part of his team competing as Jack's Old South cooking at another competition on the same day?

No, This is really his son's team. I have been a Facebook friend of theirs for a while. They compete on their own and sometimes w/Myron.

It's kind of like season 1 mixed with a father/son struggle. Fun so far!

I like this episode so far, it shows more of the real drama of competition BBQ. It would be nice to see them follow around other competitors in the prep and competition in future episodes.

To answer the above, Mike does compete by himself at a lot of competitions as Jack's New South with the other two guys. He still helps Myron from time to time with the Old South, but he has held his own this year as the New South.

I don't think so. My understanding is that it was someone else as head cook at the other contest.

Great show tonight. All that was missing were Tuffy Stone, Harry Soo and Johnny Trigg cooking too. Lee Ann can stay home.

This was my favorite episode since the first season. It shows a pretty realistic struggle to get out of your daddy's shadow.

It would be great if the format would stay this way. đź‘Ť

Have fun and happy smoking
BBQ UP

Back