Whatcha cookin for dinner on Christmas Day?

TIMMAY

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
So... What are you guys gonna cook?

My wife god bless her little heart she does not feel the need to stick to tradition when it comes to holiday meals. Whatever strikes the mood is what we cook!!

Christmas Day's meal is gonna be a bone in ribeye roast, reverse seared on the kettle with hickory to medium rare (not a prob with the new 732 she got me for the occasion!!), rubbed with S&P, garlic powder, minced onion, and a little bit o rosemary. Gotta keep em whole, wife likes the flavor, but doesn't like chewing on pine needle bits! Funny. Going to catch the drippings in a pan loaded with mushrooms for au jus at the table.

Sides will be stereotypical green bean casserole, filling (a family recipe that's a mix of mashed taters and stuffing), honey glazed baby carrots, and fresh baked english muffin bread. That stuff is like crack its so good! My beer pairing for the evening is a Fire Rock PA clone or two while cooking, and at the table will be a Fouders Breakfast Stout.

Dessert is gonna be a homemade chocolate cake with chocolate chips, and chocolate fudge frosting! Macallan 18 will be standing by as well for a sip.

I'm hoping rib roast go on sale tomorrow like they usually do the week of Christmas. If so, I'm doing one of those with some roasted potatoes and roasted brussel sprouts. If no sale, we will probably be having tri tip. Either way, I'm excited.

Picked up a box of 8+oz lobster tails and a 7lb prime tenderloin from Restaurant Depot. Tails will go in the oven, tenderloin on the rotisserie.

Going to in-laws for Christmas dinner, but Christmas Eve, I'll be doing St Louis spares on the UDS.

We will be having deep fried turkey, lasagna, and I'm smoking a pork butt. Will probably also have some traditional Filipino food of pancit, adobo, lumpia, and tinola. Also going to do smoke a couple fatties to use in the turkey dressing. And of course a bunch of sides.

Fusion Christmas Dinner, of Filipino American cuisine!

Have my parents coming over and i am thinking about grilling up some strip steaks on the performer. Last year for xmas i received the weber gourmet bbq system and let me tell you that cast iron grate works wonders!

My wife is in charge of sides, maybe double baked potatoes!

We do a traditional Christmas Eve seafood meal, then eat leftovers Christmas day.

Starting the festive eating with a brunch this Saturday. Going to try scotch eggs on the UDS. Never had them before, but if your going to make one, you might as well make 30.:biggrin1:
Beef Brisket on Christmas Eve which is our annual big gathering for the wifes side. Thinking now about adding roasted brussle sprouts...:rolleyes:
On Christmas day, I'm going to make Brisket chili:thumb:
Won't really matter, with the WHOLE FAM DAMLY coming over for the holidays, I'm going to be drunk :roll:

The wife's family will be at our house on Christmas Eve and I'll be doing a 15 lb bone in prime rib roast reverse sear on the smoker with some Rum smoked salmon for an appetizer. Not sure on sides yet. Probably grilld asparagus and some form of potatoes.

On Christmas Day with my family, I'll be reheating an already self cured 16.5 lb fresh ham that I'm going to smoke and glaze on Saturday. We'll just be reheating it on Christmas Day for eating.

We'll be eating this here prime grade ribeye roast.

Day one in it's new home:

photo-117.jpg

This is around day 10:

Photo1-88.jpg

Christmas day will be around 20 or 21 days I think. :hungry:

We'll be eating this here prime grade ribeye roast.

Day one in it's new home:

photo-117.jpg

This is around day 10:

Photo1-88.jpg

Christmas day will be around 20 or 21 days I think. :hungry:

I am jealous... I bet that sucker is gonna taste great!!!!

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
Brisket and pulled pork for the large family get together
Small family not sure yet

turkey in the kettle using the rotisserie. and a ham in another weber kettle. hope to do a few fatties and some moink balls. rest of the family are doing the sides.

I did a brisket the past 2 years for christmas eve, it was a big hit

But this year there will only be 4 of us. I am thinking of a Mesquite and Hickory Roast Beef from the smokingpit.com site.

It will be low key, but thats ok.

Christmas day we go to the mother in laws for the traditional feast, but I will be bringing some of my fresh Kolbasz

Looks like either a small prime rib or a strawberry glazed ham. Not sure which just yet.

I'm going to scare up some kind of roast beef that might be on sale and cook it on the WSM. That will be served cold for sangwiches. Sweetie will make lasagna and I might smoke up a few chicken wings. We eat fairly casual on Christmas . Hope you all enjoy your meals that day!

I will be home alone for Christmas.

So....I am going to have Christmas lunch with my MIL at the Nursing Home.
She will hardly know I am there or what Christmas is, but I won't have to cook or do dishes and their food is not bad at all 8)

Merry Christmas all!

TIM

Back