Inadvertent HNF Briskie!

SmokeFan

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Well, since I'm a dumba$$, I put a briskie on this am, and didn't check what temp I had my ATC set for from the last time. I just figured it would be where I normally set it, at 275.

So do you think that's where it was? No, of course not.

Just checked on my briskie cruising along in the BGE at 375(from the chicken I cooked last time.). Temp on the brisket is 162, and I'm 3 hours in.

Working temp back down to 275, and then once it's done, I guess it will get the long rest in the oven at 200 I wanted to do last time. And I guess I get to try really HNF brisket today!

Wish I could blame it on beer. Keeping my fingers crossed I didn't ruin it. :oops:

Well, since I'm a dumba$$, I put a briskie on this am, and didn't check what temp I had my ATC set for from the last time. I just figured it would be where I normally set it, at 275.

So do you think that's where it was? No, of course not.

Just checked on my briskie cruising along in the BGE at 375(from the chicken I cooked last time.). Temp on the brisket is 162, and I'm 3 hours in.

Working temp back down to 275, and then once it's done, I guess it will get the long rest in the oven at 200 I wanted to do last time. And I guess I get to try really HNF brisket today!

Wish I could blame it on beer. Keeping my fingers crossed I didn't ruin it. :oops:

Kind of did the same thing last time. I do not use an ATC or any other controller, but I had by UDS set and cruising at 230. I went to a family gathering at a motel for a couple of hours. I had planned on letting the 18lbs packer go for about 20 hours and had the timing set for it. I came home a couple ours later and the drum was at about 350. The internal temp was 160, i wrapped it in paper and adjusted the drum to run correctly. At 1 am I checked again and the internal temp was 205 and butter tender. Placed it in the oven on 200 for about 4 hours. At 6am I pulled it from the oven and seperated the point. I then had to let the brisket sit on warm until 5pm that night.

It was still good, but it was better at 6am.

Back