Fundraiser price?

Hdhillin

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I was asked to help with a Boston butt fundraiser for the boy scouts. They want me to cook Boston butts so that they can sell them in Halfs along with sides as a family meal. I was thinking of charging $8.00 per butt I cook. I have a stick burner that I will be cooking on. I have to supply the wood and the rub as well as the foil out of the 8 dollar price. I'm I low on the price? They are thinking of me cooking a minimum of 40 butts. Any input is greatly appreciated.

Too high in my opinion. If it were me, I'd do it for free. Then write off my expenses on my taxes. You will probably gain more money in the long run that way, by the good will, as you should be able to pick up some good paying jobs.

Sorry just read it again. The boy scouts I'm with bigdog just volunteer and ask if they mind if you can put out a tip jar and maybe sell your sauce and rub, also give out business cards with every meal sold.

Thanks for the input. Taking a tax break might be more beneficial. Thanks for taking time to respond.

Back