12x12 Quik Shade

We've had this unit for a number of years. Amazingly it has held up pretty well. We strap each corner down to 2 sand bags, bought two large sized tarps from tarpsplus.com and bunge to one leg and clamp to the others when we want walls. When the weather kicks up we drop it down so that it's open but but the legs are doubled up and we strap it down tight. So far... so good. It's lasted about 5 years so we've gotten our money's worth.

I use Quick shades. They are a good price but not near as strong as the EZ ups. I just bought the 10x10 for $79.00. You can get replacement parts pretty easy on line. It is what you pay for.

Kind of hard to tell from the photo....but I will never buy another canopy that doesn't have the cross-braces. We have one with braces and one without....the one without is simply a backup in case we have plenty of space and want some extra shade on a nice day. Would not consider it for anything above mild weather. The one with the braces (Caravan from Costco $199) has survived quite a few major storms and is still doing alright after 20 or so competitions.

Read the fine print!!!

A while back we bought a "12 x 12" EZ up at Academy. When we stood it up the actual canopy was smaller than the 10 x 10 that we already had.

I called EZ up, and just as I suspected, the 12' x 12' was the measurement at the feet. I felt ripped off, and won't likely buy anything else by EZ up, because they were very unapologetic about their deceptive marketing.

Back