Competition Class????????????

I guess I didn't answer your question in my ealier post. If your serious about bbq comps take a class or 5. I've had a few teams say "well you went to so n so's class we want to do it on our own". I say oh well. It's not like I've followed anyones recipe to the dime. You get some great input to put with what your already doing and sometimes it all comes together.:thumb:

I love the "I want to do it on my own" people who, out of the other side of their mouth, ask for advice or want to look over your shoulder. I'm sure they put their fingers in their ears or eyes when they see or hear anyone talking about BBQ. I'm sure they aren't members here browsing pictures or discussions. I'm sure they are way to busy figuring it out ALL on their own. :roll: The reality is that most (or all) of us are listening and learning all of the time. I've picked up something from every class I've taken. Sometimes they are little things and sometimes big things.

I agree with Todd. I am not trying to take away from some great instructors of BBQ that do this for side money, but I have never taken a "true" bbq class. I am no way self taught. I got into BBQ on my own not knowing anything, I have learned from forums and meeting teams at contest.

If it was me, since nobody is really "self taught" pick a class and take it. You will save yourself thou$and$.

Working on a couple of dates and locations Jan. Probably one in February and another early April? Hope to make some announcements soon.
I am very interested in one, especially near Chicago.

I have not taken a clas yet but plan to soon. I know Todd puts on a great class and have heard positive things about Scotties too. Maybe I mised it but Rod Gray also puts on a good class. My ting is finding one that fits in with a busy family schedule but my plan is to take one in 2012.

I took 2 classes in the off season last year. I took Todd and Butchers class in MI and flew out to Triggs class in CA. Had a total of $2k invested including travel expenses. By incorporating some of what I learned from Todd on brisket (180 in Bentonville last weekend thanks Todd:thumb:) and some of Triggs on pork my winnings are right at $21k this year. I would love to take Scotties class but it's always the same week that us Fowl Butts go on our annual cruise.

So when is your class Jan?

I have singed up for a the Fast Eddy/Butcher class In December. Really looking forward to it.

So when is your class Jan?
Ha! I just saw this JT. Me teachin a class would be scary. The only thing I'm really good at is drinking lots of value vodka. (Mike from Team Enoserv said it's not cheap vodka it's value vodka.):becky:

I'm doing a class first part of next year in PA. Working with Fred's Music Supply in Reading area on dates.

American Royal GC & RGC cooks attended my classes with Butcher BBQ this last winter.

please let me know when you work this out! to close not to go.

Todd / Plowboys class will be at Tasty Licks BBQ Supply in Shillington, Pa. the second weekend of March. I don't have an official registration page setup yet but PM me if you want to get on the early notice list.

Back