Anyone Watching "Top Secret Recipe" on CMT?

Boshizzle

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Todd Wilbur has turned his book "Top Secret Recipes" into a show. It's on now on CMT. It will be replayed tonight at 11pm EST and later this weekend. Tonight's episode is about the KFC fried chicken recipe.

DVRing it, watching CSI NY right now so I can watch the approaching tornado watch and Tstorm warning here

Thanks for the heads up. I don't get off work until 11 PM so my wife is recording it for me.

Ok so what is the secret recipe for KFC?

Actually I like the extra crispy a lot better than the original.

He did not figure out the recipe. They still gave him free chicken for life. It was a great commercial for KFC.

I enjoyed the show. Sounds like he got close. I'm going to try out his recipe and see how it goes.

I got about 10 minutes into it before I shut it off. I don't need to watch an hour long commercial (with commercials) for KFC.

If anyone didn't watch or DVR it, you can view it on CMT's web sit and get the recipe he used.

I have a couple of his books. I've tried a few of the recipes and was very disappointed. They've been packed away for awhile now.

I doubt that KFC uses whole herbs and spices. It'd be way to easy for someone with an electron microscope to figure out whats in it. I'll bet that they use herb and spice extracts in water, alcohol or oil to add flavor to their breading mix without making their secret readily visible.

It'd explain how some researchers a few years ago found only salt and black pepper in the breading.

Many years ago when I was a kid and KFC was Kentucky Fried Chicken the chicken was better than it is nowadays. If were to try and clone today's recipe I think it may be something like

9 assorted pieces of chicken (the smaller the better and broken bones are a plus)
2 cups flour
6 tbs salt
6 tbs salt (needed some more)
6 tbs salt (not quite there yet)
2 tbs salt (that's about right)
1/2 pinch black pepper (don't overpower the salt)
a pinch of 11 Herbs/ Spices
1 Large pot of grease

Put the chicken in cool grease so it can absorb all that goodness. Then crank up the heat and cook until the chicken is golden brown. Remove from grease, cover with foil until the crust softens up and serve.

Let the hijack begin (laughing myself silly at Boshizzle), wait, Bo is hijacking himself! (now laughing even harder :) )

Many years ago when I was a kid and KFC was Kentucky Fried Chicken the chicken was better than it is nowadays. If were to try and clone today's recipe I think it may be something like

9 assorted pieces of chicken (the smaller the better and broken bones are a plus)
2 cups flour
6 tbs salt
6 tbs salt (needed some more)
6 tbs salt (not quite there yet)
2 tbs salt (that's about right)
1/2 pinch black pepper (don't overpower the salt)
a pinch of 11 Herbs/ Spices
1 Large pot of grease

Put the chicken in cool grease so it can absorb all that goodness. Then crank up the heat and cook until the chicken is golden brown. Remove from grease, cover with foil until the crust softens up and serve.

You put a recipe like that out on this forum Mister there better be Pr0n!:heh:

Not Popeye's but...
Drench in buttermilk with your favorite hot sauce added, then dredge in mixture 1/2 AP flour and 1/2 corn flour (Fish Fry) with favorite creole seasoning added to taste. Repeat, if you enjoy a thick crust.
Deep fry.
I like it.

Back