DinoEgg Biscuit

BamaRambler

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Here is my first ever attempt at a DinoEgg.
I'm not a big hard boiled egg fan but this was awesome on a Texas size buttered biscuit. Next time i'm going top the bacon with a little buttermilk gravy on it also.

Last edited:
Ooh, that looks awsome. recipe? or is it simply a sausage wrapped hard boiled egg? then smoked?

Jason

Yep, thats it. Hard boiled egg wrapped with JD Sausage and dust with your favorite rub. Smoked @ 250 deg. for 1 hour. Cook time will depend on thickness of sausage. Oh ya, we put butter and mayo on the biscuits.
Enjoy.

very nice, I'd eat a few of those. They're also called scotch eggs at my house:becky:

Man, I hate boiled eggs but those look great! Just may have to try them - you make them look awesome!

Wonder if you could do them soft boiled so they'd have a nice runny center for dipping?

I had a Scotch egg last year in Denver at a gastropub where they softboiled the egg, then covered with sausage and deepfried... it was so damn good.

That looks like a killer biscuit, though I'm with you on not liking hard boiled eggs, either.

I had a Scotch egg last year in Denver at a gastropub where they softboiled the egg, then covered with sausage and deepfried... it was so damn good.

That looks like a killer biscuit, though I'm with you on not liking hard boiled eggs, either.

Okay, how the fark did they get a soft-boiled egg out of its shell, and wrap it with sausage without having it explode into a gooey mess?

CD

Okay, how the fark did they get a soft-boiled egg out of its shell, and wrap it with sausage without having it explode into a gooey mess?

CD

Maybe with something like this....

header.jpg

https://www.geteggiestv.com/?tag=im|sm|go|gn&a_aid=011&a_bid=532e311e

Back