Drumroll Please. The MOAB.

racer_81 said:
When Son Of BOS shows up with its 1/2" firebox, and you place it next to your BYC, do you worry about a localized subsidence problem?

:shock:

I'll have to avoid the muddy spots.. :) but kiddin aside.. i HAVE to get that slab poured. Aint no way im dealing with rollin this one around on plywood to get inot the pit. Its nearly 7 foot high and 3 foot wide. Makes it top heavy. I have already had one fall over and it aint purdy. Part of the new design will be foldout outriggers to prevent it from tipping over when I move it. Easy to do, just a piece of angle mounted to the the bottom frame that folds against the lower shelf with a piece of 1/2 inch steel welded downward about an inch short of the ground. When your rolling it, move them 90 degrees out. if it starts to tip, the outrigger will stop it.

Wheelie bar mod. :)

BBQchef33 said:
racer_81 said:
When Son Of BOS shows up with its 1/2" firebox, and you place it next to your BYC, do you worry about a localized subsidence problem?

:shock:

kiddin aside.. i HAVE to get that slab poured. Aint no way im dealing with rollin this one around on plywood to get inot the pit. Its nearly 7 foot high and 3 foot wide. Makes it top heavy. I have already had one fall over and it aint purdy. Part of the new design will be foldout outriggers to prevent it from tipping over when I move it. Easy to do, just a piece of angle mounted to the the bottom frame that folds against the lower shelf with a piece of 1/2 inch steel welded downward about an inch short of the ground. When your rolling it, move them 90 degrees out. if it starts to tip, the outrigger will stop it.

Wheelie bar mod. :)

The moving co. would agree with its ease of tipping over. :oops: I say build the next one wider. More stable and less tippy. You may also want to bury some threaded rod in the concrete and bolt that farker down. :idea:

You may also want to bury some threaded rod in the concrete and bolt that farker down.
That is a good idea. I ran a 2X6 between 2 posts behind my smoker & grill and then bolted them to it with 1/8X1 1/4 steel. No more tipping. The threaded rod sounds like a much nicer method.

jt said:
You may also want to bury some threaded rod in the concrete and bolt that farker down.
That is a good idea. I ran a 2X6 between 2 posts behind my smoker & grill and then bolted them to it with 1/8X1 1/4 steel. No more tipping. The threaded rod sounds like a much nicer method.

in the pit they are up against a fence so cant tip over and at 1000 lbs aint blowing over. So the only time its an isue is when im moving them. The BYC doesnt have locking wheels, so that one is chocked from and back ot he wheels. the new one has locking wheels so it cant roll around.

So, which one is going to be permanently mounted in the competition trailer? Or are you going to get a third Klose just for that?? :D

I thought about a trailer rig. Even emailed that guy witht hte chuckwagon trailer on ebay. Problem there is no place to put all the other POOPIE I bring..... tents, coolers, WSM's etc. Back of the escalade fills up quick and a trailer rig just wont cut it.

Huh?

Take less POOPIE! Every time Tim and I go out we pare down stuff.

I'm guessing you mean mounted on its own axle. I agree that you carry a lot of POOPIE -- but which one are you getting mounted on your flat trailer? :D

You need to compete more so you'll pare down the amount of excess crap!! :twisted:

BigdogSmoker said:
PooBah, what you need is a chuckwagon like Greg's. 8)

But then he wouldn't have room for a cooker!! :D He just needs to get out more so he can remember what he actually needs for a cookoff as opposed to what he thinks he needs "in case". We hauled more food BACK to Long Island than we took down the NJ -- extra trips to Costco, ya know. :twisted:

yeah yeah, i know im a pack rat when it comes to luggin stuff.. but look how good we ate. :) I'm going to put som ecabinets on the trailer so i dont have to load/unload, and i already hafd 3foot high walls installed. I am considering selling that one and getting a closed trailer so I can store the stuff in it permanetly and only have to load the cooker. I'll get there, it just takes some trial and error.

So, with an enclosed trailer: where you gonna put the cooker? Or are you going to wise up and go with the WSMs for competition? :D

I havent decided if im only using WSMS for comp yet. If not, i would still roll the bYC or BOS in the trailer and then roll it out on side. Depends on how well the new cooker performs, although, the unattendance of the WSM is looking more and more appealing. what stops me is I like having the cooking platform. It keeps people away from the cooker.

Back