BBQ @ the Beach State Championship - Raystown, PA Sept. 17-19th"

Got some edits and additions to the last post. Spoke with Ed via email and this is what the skinny is...

• Ed: We have the Princess lake cruiser 9-10:30ish p.m. I am planning to leave dock by 9:15.
  • Ed: Velveeta (80scheese.com) will end their set around 8:30p on Friday night. Velveeta is playing Sat. night 6ish until 8:30. Shadow 9 is playing 7-10p Saturday. Velveeta is all 80s. Shadow 9 is a little bit of everything with classic rock-today's alt rock.
  • Ed/Brian: A kids area is set up for Saturday, a classic car cruise is set for Sunday. It is getting more likely that we are going to have music on Sunday also. Jazz or bluegrass or ? -- a couple local bands have offered to come play. I might do an open stage...still deciding.
  • Brian/Ed: Give Ed a call directly at 888-RAYSTOWN X11 with any questions. Leave a voicemail on my ext. 11 if I am not there.
  • Brian: The judging class is set for Thursday and we are working all that out with the Lovlies who are our KCBS reps
  • Brian: Awards are tentatively posted for 4pm Sunday
  • Brian/Ed: Cooking class / demo's are not mandatory and will be scheduled soon for a few hours Saturday. If you are interested, send me a PM or call Ed to get listed and discuss your given topic. Ed: yeah! sign up and give us an idea of topic.

Waiting to hear back from the butcher about the onsite meat delivery and the possibility of getting aged briskets. I am guessing the briskets will be fresh as they come from local beef. I couldnt talk to him today as he was out on the floor. I will keep adding as it becomes available! :thumb:

I'm pretty sure you cant kill a thread you started, there's got to be a rule about that somewhere. :-D I hope things are progressing well and apps are still coming in...

Wy not? We are getting apps in as we get closer. I've just been busy this week outside if this event and haven't been able to follow up on things.

no.......its nothing you have done or not done.......some pretty hot teams of late will be there, thats all I was refering too

how many teams are comming in Friday ?

haven't decided yet.........smokin pork for 200 (paying gig)on Friday morning........might just keep the fire going on my way up:p

about that moonlight lake criuse........the moon wont be around that night.....hope that lake monster stays deep:shocked:

haven't decided yet.........smokin pork for 200 (paying gig)on Friday morning........might just keep the fire going on my way up:p

about that moonlight lake criuse........the moon wont be around that night.....hope that lake monster stays deep:shocked:

I was told it was suposed to be a 1/2 moon. I dunno. I've spent many nights on that lake. :)

This just in!

On site meat delivery for our competitors includes 2 8-9 lb bone in butts, 2 packer briskets, 4 st Louis ribs, 12 pieces of chicken thighs all for $110 delivered sept 17th! Order now for no extra charge wet aging briskets. Call Brenneman's @ 814-643-2751 to place orders. They are also supplying 1 lb to each team of 80/20 ground beef for the grilling comp free! Thanks Brenneman's!*

Anyone getting in on the Meat deal? Also - Grilling competition will be open garnish so anything goes! Pizza dough can be pre-made and topping be pre-cooked but no pre-assembly.

Well we changed our name again...I'm sure we're developing a whole bunch of street cred! There are three of us and before we get our banners and stuff done it was important that we had a name that suited us all. So after many suggestions one of our wives hit the home run with Little Dickee Q. I won't even begin to explain! This one's a keeper so if you saw F&F BBQ up on the Raystown site for a day or two and then fff Q for a few weeks and are wondering why they both disappeared now you know. Being our first competition I doubt anybody really cares though.

So responding to Smokin Gnome's question we're coming in Thursday. A bunch of our friends are supposedly coming up either Friday or Saturday so I was waiting get an idea of which specific night they'll be there before committing to the pot luck. I figured meeting you all for the first time might be better if we don't have 15-20 friends (probably drinking) with us. If they're not coming till Saturday I'm sure the three of us (and wives) will participate.

Also, are we stuck at 8 teams? We are looking at another event in Mt. Airy Maryland in October and I think they haven't had a strong response yet either.

Back