Quick help needed w/ pics

BuckSnort

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Sorry in advance I know this question has been asked a hundred times on here but my memory is terrible....

I am providing a pulled pork dinner for friends tonight...I usually cook overnight at 225-250 deg but I was pressed for time... Anyway I started them at 10 am this morning and would like them to be ready to eat for dinner tonight... I'm thinking 300 deg? but for how long? Also they are boneless butts (all the store had)...

I guess I should also mention that the main ingredient in my rub is brown sugar...How high can I go without burning....

Thanks in advance !!!

Last edited:
Foil them. 300 would help too, but you will have to be careful with the sugar.

Since they have been on the smoker for a few hours, they should have a nice bit of smoke, so you could just foil them and finish them in the oven, as another option.

At 275F you should be done in 6 hours, which would leave you plenty of time. Any lower and you may be very close on time. I have not had much of a problem at 275F of burning sugars in rubs. I think the temperature at which burns is well over 300F, maybe 350F?

Thanks fella's much appreciated.... I got my UDS chugging right along at 300...Seems like it's going smooth.... Here's a few pics....I plan on also doing some ABT's (gotta test out my new pepper rack) :-D

Rubbed and waiting...Please excuse my bro's girlfriends girly drinks..lol

2010-06-04_111723.jpg

On the grill

2010-06-04_113315.jpg

Nice blue smoke

2010-06-04_122229.jpg

4 hrs on....

2010-06-04_140249.jpg

More pics to come...:thumb:

Looks like they are coming along well. Beautiful background scenery.

By the look of your pic, seems like the rack is way down in the drum, does your drum have two racks for cooking? Pics look nice also!

Sorry for the late reply...Thank y'all for your help..I think they were done in just over 5 hrs...They were good but not as moist as the bone in un trimmed butts...

BRBBQ, I belive it is 24" from the coal grate... I would like to put another grill near the top for more food once I find a domed lid...

Back