• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Against the rules for KCBS contest?

I think we just learned who the "Big Name Team" was that Ryan caught lighting their chicken. Looks like Andy's been holding out on me.

The phrase "lighting their chicken" gave me a serious case of giggle pants:eek:

As long as the gas for the torch is made by the coal gasification method on site using charcoal or wood as the source fuel, then it should be legal. Here is a simple process flow chart for the process.

1000px-IGCC_diagram.svg.png

You must be friends with my Mechanical Operations instructor from the energy program!:biggrin:

Darn, I love the diagram. I spent four hours looking at it, but what I figure out is where is the bic lighter?
Merl

If it was illegal couldn't you just stick a stick into a fire until it caught and then use it to burn off the feather?

use a match...just wait until the sulfar burns off and its just wood burning.LOL

Darn, I love the diagram. I spent four hours looking at it, but what I figure out is where is the bic lighter?
Merl

There is an inspection hatch on the side of the combuster that is used by the darwin method of sticking your hand in and "flicking your bic." :icon_devil
This is the area that syngas, diluent Nitrogen and compressed air are combinded to feed the gas turbin 190 mega watt generator. The resultant electricy is used to run the competion site, the city, the county and the state. Would make a good give back to the community.:mrgreen:

The thing we seem to forget when debating these issues is INTENT. What is the intent?

I'm never really comfortable letting other people judge my intentions! Seriously, it seems to me that if there is not a rule forbiding me to do a certain thing - then it should be wide open. I would hate to think that an individual rep would be allowed to interpret my intentions before sending me home DAL because he or she did'nt get what I was trying to do.

BTW, as a new competitor I find these questions/scenerios to be really helpful. A good way to spend the winter months preparing for the season. Get's me thinking!

Thanks all, good conversation. I don't think it needs to go before the board, just wanted to see what thoughts on the topic were.

And thanks George - now I know what the blue bottle is for!

...And that post with the drawing is awesome :p

I wish I could remember who said it but the quote went something like "... because common sense is far less common than it used to be."

True...

Thanks all, good conversation. I don't think it needs to go before the board, just wanted to see what thoughts on the topic were.

And thanks George - now I know what the blue bottle is for!

...And that post with the drawing is awesome :p
The drawing is awesome :twisted:

As long as the gas for the torch is made by the coal gasification method on site using charcoal or wood as the source fuel, then it should be legal. Here is a simple process flow chart for the process.

1000px-IGCC_diagram.svg.png
What I don't understand is where the chicken is placed for singeing?

giggle pants?!?!:eek:

from the guy with the shotgun aimed at all of us.......:biggrin:

I'm sitting here having a Tito's and cran/pomegranite juice cocktail and damn near spit it all over my tv that is about 15 feet away.

All I can say is... This was the guy that had a problem with Sled and his skivies? Riiiiggggghhhhttttt.

OK, back to watching Mobsters.

I'm never really comfortable letting other people judge my intentions! Seriously, it seems to me that if there is not a rule forbiding me to do a certain thing - then it should be wide open. I would hate to think that an individual rep would be allowed to interpret my intentions before sending me home DAL because he or she did'nt get what I was trying to do.

BTW, as a new competitor I find these questions/scenerios to be really helpful. A good way to spend the winter months preparing for the season. Get's me thinking!

No you misundertood. In short we shouldn't ignore the fact that the team probably wasn't out to cheat. So to assume they are is foolish.

Back