Can anyone recommend a Bbq psychologist?

Rub

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
My chicken has cost me close to $5000 in the last 3 contests.
Dillard GA, 9th or better in chicken and i would have won GC. I got 65th out of 66th chicken Came in 15 overall.
Franklin NC I got 14th chicken, Came in rgc, missed GC by .0006 points.
Sams club Orlando today, got 3 calls, chicken Came in DAL! If it would have come in 19th or better I would have won. I missed the top 6 cut, Came in 10th overall, game over.
Sorry for the vent but chicken is really messing with me. I use the same rub and sauce that I use on ribs, I got 4th today, a call in Franklin, and decent in Dillard. I'm bamboozled. It used to score very well, I guess its time for a change. I'm listening...

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Sorry man. :( Honestly, chicken's a lot tougher then pork IMO. Everything needs to be a little more delicate flavor wise, otherwise it's overpowering.

I'm no competition BBQer but with anything test other rubs and sauces out outside of competitions and keep going and keep going until you find your new niche. Find some neighbors who want to keep taste testing and do a leg quarter a sauce/rub.

I understand Pat with Dirty Pig is on a bit of a chicken roll.
Get him drunk and he gives away all his secrets.

Join the club, Rub :-D I've figured out that chicken has cost us at least 5 GCs over the past three years!

Have I ever mentioned that I hate chicken?

I have been solely focused on chicken for a while now. Finally got her down...you know what will happen at the next comp? I will hose it somehow. Chicken is the devil. It should be replaced with smoked mac n cheese in comps.

what are you doing for chicken? we're here to listen and understand.

seriously, let it all out.

414uIrjVZDL._SS500_.jpg

It could be worse...

You could DAL chicken in Orlando Sams Club and that be the difference between 10th place and winning the event with even a decent score. Let that happen to you and then tell me how you feel?

Oh yeah...that did just happen to you...nice 136 chicken score. You are actually putting rub and sauce on chicken, right?

• Thanks
Reactions: Rub
I can't help with chicken, but my psychologists name id Dr. Bud Weiser.
:wink:

I can't help with chicken, but my psychologists name id Dr. Bud Weiser.
:wink:

It sounds like his problem is a little more serious. I have to recommend one of the stronger members of the community -- Dr. Daniel, Dr. Walker or Dr. Beam.

I hate chicken. Scores vary so widely.

It's a new day now, things seem a little better :wink:
Thanks for letting me vent. Glad to hear I'm not alone...

Back