1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp ground cloves
AND
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
2 tbs brown sugar
1/4 tbs kosher salt
Landarc suggested adding pepper, I've used 10 turns of black and white pepper. I've also reduced the sugar to 1 tbs with success.

Blues Hog or Hogs n' Heat, though I just got my first shipment of SM Cherry. Went great on a pork butt, and I'll probably put in on some ribs next weekend.

getting ready for spring and my go to rub is from texasbbqrub!!! Wanna try some new ones, but looking for more suggestions!

I just got some SYD Hot Meat Rub and SYD #1 Competition Chicken Rub. Enjoying them both a lot, and a nice change from my "paprika, salt, pepper, garlic" rub. I want to try the chicken rub on top side of ribs and the hot meat rub on the bottom--heard that was tasty.

I see so many mentioning Plowboy's Yardbird rub.. I know nothing about this rub. What's its history and why is it so popular here?

I just started using OakRidge Rib Rub when it was in the test stages and I really liked it. I used it on ribs and pork chops both.

My one pound package is nearly empty and I need to order more, thanks for the reminder..

Cowtown's Squeal Hog Rub, Rufus Teague or Yardbird. Squeal is probably my favorite on pork in general.

Definitely not a traditional rub, but I've been using my own blend as follows:

2 parts Old Bay
1 part ground medium/light roast coffee
1 part turbinado sugar

I've been using it on butts and ribs, and really loving it.

There ares soooo many good ones!

3Eyz
Yardbird
Oakridge Secret Weapon
Butchers Honey
Kosmos Killer Bee
Slabs ribs and pork rubs.
Smokin Guns Hot

Those are my go to rubs.

hey Rich y don't u sell sm your closer to me then the west coast!

I tried Yardbird and I dont get what all the hype is about.

Gonna try the Emeril Rustic Rub smilligan66 recommended, seems like more up my alley, spicy savoury.

• 8 tablespoons paprika
  • 3 tablespoons cayenne
  • 5 tablespoons freshly ground black pepper
  • 6 tablespoons garlic powder
  • 3 tablespoons onion powder
  • 6 tablespoons salt
  • 2 1/2 tablespoons dried oregano
  • 2 1/2 tablespoons dried thyme

Has anyone tried the Arthur Bryant rub they sell at Basspro? I heard they have a spicy rub. (sorry for hijacking!)

I have and it is great. Having sad that it is similar to Yard Bird so you may not like it.

I like a 50/50 mix of Plowboy's Yardbird and Cimmaron Doc's on my ribs.

I like Texas bbq rubs Grand Champion and the new rub The right stuff.

I still have to try Simply Marvelous rubs.

I go with BPS Money Rub as a base, SM Sweet and Spicy then a light top coat of SM Cherry rub

Makes the tounge smack off the back of your neck beggin for more

Back