BBQ competition wish list items for teams

82's BBQ

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I posted this under the roll call topic, but thought it would get a better response if I did it separately.

There is a committee meeting tomorrow and I was just asked to present a list of BBQ team wants/needs. They are doing everything within their power and budget to make this a great event for the teams. If you there is something that you can think of that appeals to you when making a decision on where to compete, please post it or PM me and I will pass it along.

I want awards early or at least on time.

Breakfast is great. A cup of coffee and maybe a biscuit or something is great in the AM. doesnt need to be a huge spread, just something that I dont have to deal with first thing saturday.

I want awards early or at least on time.

Breakfast is great. A cup of coffee and maybe a biscuit or something is great in the AM. doesnt need to be a huge spread, just something that I dont have to deal with first thing saturday.

So would a box of doughnuts delivered to the site work?

Besides the tangible things like payouts, convenient date and location,
A gift bag is always cool
A meal for the teams (I'm a breakfast fan)
Good water
Reliable power
Free or low cost ice readily available, delivered if possible
Consistent trash pick up
Roomy sites
Accesable clean bathrooms for the teams
Timely awards that don't drag on

Besides the tangible things like payouts, convenient date and location,
A gift bag is always cool
A meal for the teams (I'm a breakfast fan)
Good water
Reliable power
Free or low cost ice readily available, delivered if possible
Consistent trash pick up
Roomy sites
Accesable clean bathrooms for the teams
Timely awards that don't drag on

Nailed it!

I thought you liked it when the top 20 teams got calls...:heh:

I don't mind that at a large contest, I can't stand the presenter who thinks he is a morning drive DJ and rambles on and on and feels the need to tell a story between each one

The flip side of that is the presenter that flies through the awards like they have somewhere better to be.

So would a box of doughnuts delivered to the site work?

I love doughnuts, but am a diabetic. It's surprising how many people are and we don't know it. But I would probably eat every dang one of them because it would be a great excuse..."that's all they had!!!" :tsk: :grin:

Plenty of ash disposal containers and clearly marked containers for grease water.

We appreciate hot showers available on site the most. Other cool things I have seen: free bloody marys Saturday am, Perkins muffins, hot breakfast, free ice, free 12 pack of local brewery beer, grab bags, a drawing for a free admission to next years competition, and free water park tickets. I agree with the large payout being a big determining factor and it is nice when there is payout to 7-10 place. It helps us little guys just starting out.

Eggspert BBQ
3 Lg BGE
Stoker
Orange thermapen

Back