Open Faced Salmon & Bacon Sammie

Plowboy

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Smoked a salmon fillet in the FEC-100. One of my wife's favorites. Served on bacon and garlic toast. Nice!

Attachments

• uncle ben's salmon bacon 008 [640x480].JPG
    uncle ben's salmon bacon 008 [640x480].JPG
    64.9 KB · Views: 98
  • uncle ben's salmon bacon 005 [640x480].JPG
    uncle ben's salmon bacon 005 [640x480].JPG
    58.6 KB · Views: 98
  • uncle ben's salmon bacon 010 [640x480].JPG
    uncle ben's salmon bacon 010 [640x480].JPG
    53.2 KB · Views: 98
  • uncle ben's salmon bacon 013 [640x480].JPG
    uncle ben's salmon bacon 013 [640x480].JPG
    66.1 KB · Views: 98
Shoot theres an idea I can use.We get so much salmon that I dont have enuff ways to make it.Looks great.Have you ever had 'Salmon Fit For A Queen"?Its a fillet thats stuffed with a crabmeats stuffing and shrimp draped over it basted in butter ?

Rick, it was a fresh catch from Costco.

Shoot theres an idea I can use.We get so much salmon that I dont have enuff ways to make it.Looks great.Have you ever had 'Salmon Fit For A Queen"?Its a fillet thats stuffed with a crabmeats stuffing and shrimp draped over it basted in butter ?

I WAS going to do something like that, but didn't have the time nor the crab.

That is salmon??? I thought salmon looked like this with nice orange meat from eating krill! Oh that's right, you guys have them in the lakes. Pasty white meat, how does the flavor compare? I know it beats that farmed crap!

God I miss having a salmon season out here! I am having salt water withdrawls!

Attachments

• Boat 016.jpg
    Boat 016.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 72
I may have to take the tribe up on the hatchery salmon, if the proposed price jump on Wild Salmon is predicted!

That is salmon??? I thought salmon looked like this with nice orange meat from eating krill! Oh that's right, you guys have them in the lakes. Pasty white meat, how does the flavor compare? I know it beats that farmed crap!

God I miss having a salmon season out here! I am having salt water withdrawls!

Yep, they talking no salmon season for the next two years:mad:

Grumpy,I fish lake Michigan and our salmon are orange or reddish flesh.While we dont get the size you coastal guys get we do do have some great numbers.Our daily limit is 5 per angler.I think the flavor of our salmon is as good as any.With out trying to hijack the thread this pic is from last summer during a private tournie.Plowboy I cheat on the crab meat and get the foil pouch of crab at Walmart.I will see if I can find the original recipe.

For some reason the manage attachments wont do anything so I cant get the pic posted.

Back