GAB Rub & Sauce Results - 2007

Anyone ever tried Trim Tab's Pork Powder? I had never heard of it before Plowboy posted the results.

Whoo Hoooo!! My Blue Collar took 8th over all out of 105!!! Sweet heat was 39th

Congrats Jay & Steve & Randy!!!! :biggrin: I may keep using that chit!!:wink:

Oh, My GAWD!!!!!!!!! Plowboys Rub was #2 Rub overall!

#2 Mild rub and #1 Hot Rub at the GAB!!!!!!!

I'm shaking I'm so excited. WOOOOOOHOOOOOO!!!

Last edited:
Okay, it gets better. We were #2 overall for all sauces, rubs, and packaging. We were just 1.32 points behind Trim Tab for overall Grand champion. I don't think I can sleep now. I've called Randy three times and its midnight.

Okay, it gets better. We were #2 overall for all sauces, rubs, and packaging. We were just 1.32 points behind Trim Tab for overall Grand champion. I don't think I can sleep now. I've called Randy three times and its midnight.

That is awesome Todd! Congrats to all!!

Oh, My GAWD!!!!!!!!! Plowboys Rub was #2 Rub overall!

#2 Mild rub and #1 Hot Rub at the GAB!!!!!!!

I'm shaking I'm so excited. WOOOOOOHOOOOOO!!!
Congrats MoFo! That's impressive. Hope you get some sleep. LOL!:grin:

Called the Great American and they only pay out to the top winners in each of the 5 categories and overall. They don't pay out to individual category winners or runners up like Mild Rub vs. Hot Rub.

DANG!!! That sucks. Cost us $50 each to enter Mild Rub and Hot Rub. You'd think there would be some money in that if you got 1st in one and 2nd in another. It was a little confusing if we'd even get ribbons or a call to the stage. I hope we get at least that level of recognition for the $100 we spent to enter.

I sure hope the person I was talking to didn't get their information right. How can their not be a payout for winning a category? Why even have a Mild Rub vs. Hot Rub?

Nice work Todd. I should have bought some of that rub at Sugar Creek.

Whoo Hoooo!! My Blue Collar took 8th over all out of 105!!! Sweet heat was 39th

Jay, you were #5 for mild tomato sauce. That rocks!!

Blues Hog was #5 overall Hot BBQ sauce. I see Bill entered a Blues Hog Raspberry Chipotle sauce, too. Must have been playing around.

Back