• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Joining the ranks of the Pros

SmokinOkie

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
So,

Done all the normal variations we BBQ guys do, but now I'm going the next level. Kinda a nice option actually. I'm not quiting my day job, but I have been hired to be the Pitmaster for a local chain (3 restaurants).

We've revamped the menu, changed the overall direction to mainly BBQ and we're now going through the soft/soft opening. Working on items (recipes, etc) as well as just overall training in staff (have to teach them my ideas of BBQ, knowing the terms and just improving general Q knowledge).

I'm excited to join the team and try to improve commercial BBQ.

The chain, Coach's, has been around a while in OKC, so they were looking for a way to refresh the menu and create some buzz. The local paper is already just waiting for our word to write an article about us.

The first store sits on the 3rd base line of the local AAA ballpark and has a great view from inside and the patio of the games. Games start next month, so we're doing the soft opening then. Full opening data TBD.

I've read the 1000+ post about restaurants and what we don't like about them. #1 is consistency and #2 is quality.

Wish me well. It's exciting and even a little bit intimidating, but I love BBQ enough to give it a go.

I'll be posting details here and on my FB and my twitter (once we have a go live date).

Appreciate any ideas, thoughts, etc (except running away now).

Thanks guys. I'm having fun, but we'll see when the public starts eating it. Staff is excited, they weren't happy with what they had before, but the love the new stuff.

Back