• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Kobe beef - it's what's for dinner (pics)

K

KSims1868

Wow - that's the best way to describe my dinner last night. GF decided she wanted to surprise me with a very special steak dinner for my birthday. We are both very into cooking and watch a lot of cooking shows, travel channel shows, etc... We are also both VERY much into steak. I'd consider myself an amateur connoisseur of sorts and I love trying new ways to prepare steak. If anyone has watched any of the travel channel "steak" shows you've prob seen some episodes about Kobe beef.

Yesterday she told me not to eat or make plans for dinner...she was coming over with stuff to cook. Not a strange request as we cook dinner together 3-4 times per week anyways. Last night she showed up and pulled out 2 Kobe filet mignons that she mail-ordered from "Allen Brothers Steak" online. These steaks were AMAZING. We took some time to let them come to room temp before lighting up the grill. Seasoned very lightly with olive oil and a very light amount of cracked pepper...that's all. Such an awesome surprise and just a truly wonderful dinner. Cooked to a perfect medium-rare (pink thru-out but not bloody). We didn't even need a knife. These filets would cut with a fork. She also brought with her a great bottle of Pinot Noir...she knows it's my favorite wine with steak. The night was perfect. I'll let the pictures do the rest of the talking...

Attachments

• Kobe Files raw.jpg
    Kobe Files raw.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 310
  • Kobe Files raw-2.jpg
    Kobe Files raw-2.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 306
  • Kobe Filets bday dinner.jpg
    Kobe Filets bday dinner.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 309
  • Kobe dinner - bday.jpg
    Kobe dinner - bday.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 311
Good eats. I'm a burg hound, whites and reds, so I agree. However, if it was a flank or skirt or sirloin.... Bordeaux.

I like that vodka BTW, it is cheap and good. Much better than Absolut and some of that other swill.

Those look great! Can i send you my address? i don't think my wife would mind as long as she brings steaks like that :-D

Sounds like the GF is a keeper...steaks look great too.

Beautiful steaks! and I love the idea of an energy drink for the 'thank you' later...

Not just a GF that likes to cook, but, can actually cook, what a score! Nice steaks there, nicely cooked as well

Does she have a sister. I'll move back to Houston. Great looking steaks and what a lucky man you are. Thinking about putting Emerson, Lake and Palmer on. :thumb:

Back