View Single Post
Old 11-11-2008, 10:08 PM   #10
motoeric
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossmanbbq View Post
\
But what has impressed me most with Merl is that he is an active voice. You can always find Merl on a number of BBQ forums answering questions, giving advice and keeping us all up to date.Not to cast stones at anyone, but Merl is one of the few that I have seen that does this. I think this alone speaks volumes about him and his dedication to KCBS and its members.He knows the members, our concerns and what we feel will help this organization continue to be the best this sport has to offer.
\
Unfortunately, this is not considered a positive with a BoD that prefers to work without oversight and almost in anonymity. I have a suspicion that Merl's willingness to keep the membership in the loop adds to the consternation of the people behind the nepotism proposal.

I would suggest that anyone who is writing to just state your opposition to the proposed change to the bylaws, including why you believe the way that you do.

To me, any attempt to limit who I can or can not vote for is an affront to my intelligence and is not taken lightly.

Others have said it better than I can. We already have a mechanism for eliminating nepotism if we choose to to do so. We have a mechanism for eliminating any other potential problem if we choose to use it. It's the ballot box.

Eric

Eric

A BBQ Brethren Publication
2 Thessalonians 2:15
Exodus 12:9
motoeric is offline   Reply With Quote