Need ideas for a day of drinking and smoking some snacks

Ohhh....I see.
I thought you misspelled "Margarita".
That's a new one on me, I did some searching and discovered it's a pretty popular type of pizza.
Look yummy to me!

Bacon Wrapped Saltines! Watch and see if they are not the first to disappear. Cut a slab of bacon in half and wrap each saltine with a half slice. Put a topping on some if you like. YUM!

donxwj.jpg

ot0zmh.jpg

Wow!!!
How do you cook bacon wrapped saltines?
I can't imagine how to get bacon "done", without destroying the cracker.
But yea...that's awesome. I'd like to try that.

Pig candy is always popular; we like smoked olives (get the good ones).

Get some Schlenkerla Rauchbier (Maerzen) to wash it down and don't forget the stogies!

Oh yea, I forgot all about pig candy. Thanks for the reminder.
I've spiced up bacon on the smoker, but it was flavored with pepperoncici's, rosemary, and various Italian spices. But the simplicity of pig candy sounds too easy to pass up. Thank you Mr. Woody.

Wow!!!
How do you cook bacon wrapped saltines?
I can't imagine how to get bacon "done", without destroying the cracker.
But yea...that's awesome. I'd like to try that.

It works well! You would think the Saltine gets soggy. It does not. The bacon grease soaks into the saltine and then once the bacon is done, it's crisp. The big deal is to focus on the bacon being done. The saltine will be ok unless it starts turning too dark.

Too simple and just wait and see what your guests think. Better make a bunch. :thumb:

Good Luck!

Uhm, what are your thoughts on drinks? Threads like this make me really miss my old friend who moved back to Canada a few years back. Every 3 months or so we would cook, drink and hang out all day. They were great days. He would typically surprise me with a bottle of bourbon or a growler or two from a local brewery. No matter what we would cook that day we would always do chicken drummettes cooked over ABT's. ABT's with chicken fat drippings are silly good.

Liking the idea of the Fritos, that's pretty cool. Although, I'm surprised they aren't wrapped in bacon. <haha>

As far as drinks are concerned, we'll be sampling a wide variety of micro brews, maybe some red wine, and a sip or two of Tequila.
Suffice it to say that due to the Saturday festivities, I've cleared my schedule of any responsibilities on Sunday....if you know what I mean. ;)

Liking the idea of the Fritos, that's pretty cool. Although, I'm surprised they aren't wrapped in bacon. <haha>

As far as drinks are concerned, we'll be sampling a wide variety of micro brews, maybe some red wine, and a sip or two of Tequila.
Suffice it to say that due to the Saturday festivities, I've cleared my schedule of any responsibilities on Sunday....if you know what I mean. ;)

Bob, You a Man that plans (for) a Head. I like that! If anyone can drive a camerea, it would be some great pic's. Hope you Folks have a Blast! :thumb:

Smoke some bratwurst, get a couple big soft pretzels. Slice the brats, slice the pretzels. Skewer a slice of each with a toothpick, dip in spicy mustard.

Toss some shrimp in Bay's seasoning or whatever and smoke for 20-25 minutes or until done.

Take some pitted dates. Wrap in sausage. Put a strip of bacon around that and cook until the porky stuff is done.

Absolutely Toast, I can drive a camera. In fact, I'll be uploading some pics in a few minutes. I made some snacks last night (cause I didn't want to do it all this morning) and shot some photos. Give me a bit.....

Jon....I've had some pretzels with "little smokies" and they were EPIC check out >>THIS<< thread. But I'm diggin your idea of the brats. That looks like a LOT less pain in the but than what I did. I like the shrimp idea too.

Brandon....glad to see more STL guys!
You know, it's funny....I gave my wife a shopping list of what I needed for today, and on it was Jalapeno peppers. She came home with what she thought were jalapenos, but the store tag just said "peppers". They looked just like a jalapeno, but were HUGE. Turns out they were just long skinny green bell peppers. I've never seen anything like them (photos in a minute). I was going to do ABT's, but it would take too much sausage to wrap these monsters.

Back