• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Beef ribs

daninnewjersey

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Even though I'm cooking them every week at the market I got the urge to make some beef ribs yesterday for friends. I scored some really nice ones...labeled prime. Rubbed them down with a basic rub and put them in my 300 degree drum. They took roughly 5 hours and were a huge hit with my buddies......

And no....I don't remove the membrane. I keep it on since it helps the bones stay together and not fall apart. I slice the membrane back and forth criss cross style and nobody seems to mind. Makes them that much easier to prep....:mrgreen::mrgreen:

Last edited:
Those look great I wish I could find them with meat on them like that, I wont buy shinners.

I dream of beef ribs like that. Locally, beef ribs look like they were taken from poodles given a single cycle of weak steroids.

wow what a score. Where did you get those? They look fantastic

wow what a score. Where did you get those? They look fantastic

Thanks for the kind words. They're from a local butcher called Marcacci Meats. I had decided to switch to Sam's Club beef ribs since I was told their short ribs are good. However, Sam's sell them 12 racks to a case. Since I was only cooking 4 racks I went to Marcacci and smooth talked the guy into letting me pick the ones I wanted. They also have super fresh chicken, fresh turkey legs, and a lot of other stuff. It's like Disney Land for barbecue guys......:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

We all need to bombard our local grocers with this picture. Maybe they'll start carrying some beefy ribs.

The beef ribs at my local places are all bones, no meat.

attachment.php

Amazing looking cow parts.

We all need to bombard our local grocers with this picture. Maybe they'll start carrying some beefy ribs.

The beef ribs at my local places are all bones, no meat.

You're probably buying back ribs, not short ribs.

You're probably buying back ribs, not short ribs.

I know the difference. Unfortunately, the meat stockers (and that's all they are) don't.

They pull cryopaks out of boxes, repackage and place on shelf. They don't know the difference between ungraded and choice beef, but love to charge $18.00/lb for their middle of the road choice products.

Sad to witness, but it's true.

Yowza! I would love to find some beef ribs with meat like that on them. The ones I find at HEB or Kroger are pitiful looking. Have not tried Sam's for their short ribs, but that's next on the list. Can't seem to find a butcher in H-town either. It kills me.

Nice work!

Short ribs have climbed very, very high on my list of favorite things to cook and eat.

The beef ribs I'm able to get locally are more rib, less beef. That's why I've never been keen on beef ribs. If I could find some that looked like those, I'd be doing beef ribs all the time. They look fantastic! :thumb:

Back