Habanero Death Dust - not just a rub - easy glaze recipe/no pics

deguerre

somebody shut me the fark up.
Habanero Death Dust by Oakridge BBQ is a fabulous rub to be sure. Most excellent on chicken and pork especially.

But, it's also a complex flavor that can be used in other recipes.

A year ago I modified my mustard/brown sugar ham glaze:

2 cups packed dark brown sugar
3 TBS (Heaping) HDD
2 TBS honey
4 tsp mustard powder
as needed - pineapple juice (I used the juice from cans of sliced pineapple)

Mix dry ingredients and on a medium burner, add honey and a little pineapple juice to blend - adding juice as needed for your desired consistancy until the sugar is melted.

I'm pretty stuck on this for my ham cooks now.:-D

This can be tarted up a bit by adding 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar prior to the juice.

On the ham, (Cured, smoked and fully cooked for a twice smoked ham) after smoking to an IT of about 130 the cloves were removed, the entire surface glazed, pineapple slices added and a final glaze. Back on the cooker til heated (I pulled at IT ~ 160).

Leftover glaze can be used as a dip for the ham when eating.

Also, this is quite good as a dip for fresh fruit, sliced tart apples especially.

Happy Holidays y'all!

I'm also going to try this glaze - thinned out just a wee bit to marinate too - on some salmon. Maybe add a touch of grated ginger, and smoked in the kettle.

You've got nutz man!!!! I've been growing, or just goofing around with some of the worlds hottest peppers for years now and I'll just say welcome to the dark side. :wacko: Sounds like a good blend. Thanks for sharing.

Did u get a chance to try this on ribs yet?

Not yet. Ran out of farking Coleman's and the store didn't have any.:evil:

I did find a pic of the ham though...:becky:

ham1.jpg

Back