Ohio competition

M

mdodson

Hey Bros, Is there anyone out there that knows how to find out about any competitions in the state of Ohio?:icon_smil

Yeah. Goto www.kcbs.us and they have a searchable contest database.

I just did a search and the only OH contest on there right now is in Nelsonville

Ohio Smoked Meat & BBQ Festival 10/14 - 10/15
Phone: 740-753-3531 Fax: 740-753-9158
E-mail: info@ohiobbq.com
KCBS Reps: Mike Lake, Theresa Lake

Try the KCBS site for their sanctioned events.
Link at the upper right of our site.

Also, the KCBS Bullsheet is a monthly newsletter for members that lists most of the major events sanctioned by them and others and also some great non-sanctioned events.

Good luck,

TIM

Linnville is about 35 miles east of Columbus, 10 miles south of Newark, 25 miles west of Zanesville. Not gonna find us on a map, and don't blink goin through.

cmcadams said:
There's only one...in Nelsonville, the 2nd weekend of October.

Actually it's been brought to my attention that it's the third weekend in October. October 20th and 21st. I've also been told it's a pretty nice contest.

Steve

We got 2nd in the chicken category last year there! The weather can be horrible though. Last year was beautiful for a change!I would really recommend the Michigan cook-off in Grand Rapids (probably about a 5 hour drive from Columbus, maybe 6) It is July 15-16 I believe. They had 61 teams last year and they hold it in conjunction with "The Taste of Grand Rapids" food fair. 10th in ribs was our best there (tied Famous Daves), but it was our first cook-off so we were happy! Woody

We're going to go to Grand Rapids this year, we hope... My teammate has family up there, and wanted them to be able to come to a comp. I just hope it's not as hot as Madison as last year.

Back