View Single Post
Old 05-23-2013, 02:28 PM   #11
CtTradArcher
On the road to being a farker

I hope so. I have several grills/smokers now. Most I have figured out, like my UDS and my CG Akorn. But I have not had much luck with an old NB offset that I picked up and refurbished. Temps all over the place when trying to go it on wood alone.

I have been told that an offset (or RF) like a Lang, Klose, Gator, Jambo, etc are much more consistent. Really can't afford one of those at the moment. I am hoping to build one for not much more than what it would have cost me just for the shipping ($600 to Ct).

I bought a Hobart Handler 140 and a metal cutting skill saw. Along with other tools I already had, I think I have what I need. And at the end, I will have some pretty cool new tools too. Which I can use for my next build...

Large UDS, Small UDS, CG Akorn, NB Bandera, NB Black Diamond, Home Built Offset, Vision Classic Kamado, Green Mountain Daniel Boone, Weber Gasser, Smokey Mountain Cabinet, and several Weber kettles of various sizes.
CtTradArcher is offline   Reply With Quote