Glazed Donut Egg Bacon Sandwich with PRON

grubby

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I seen Dunkin Donuts is coming out with a glazed donut egg bacon sandwich in some locations so this morning I went to my dunkin and bought some glazed donuts and came home and made my own. All I can say it was delicious.

Attachments

• Glazed Donut Sandwich.jpg
    Glazed Donut Sandwich.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 231
Nothing better than a low fat low cholesterol breakfast to start off the day :mrgreen: Looks very interesting

Wow, that looks decadent! :mrgreen:

The only thing I prolly would have done differently is slice the Donut in half. (That and of course used a KK doughnut)(And maybe pan fried it in butter)

I see it as going along the lines of a mcgriddle (sweet sugary bun idea) or burgers served with a krispy creme donut as a bun. I could dig all of em, including tho one in the OP. I bet that one tasted great!

Krispy Kreme donut would have been good but I do not have any close to me. I tried one sandwich by slicing the donut in half but did not care for it so that is why I used two donuts. I think next time I might go with an over easy or over medium egg instead of just a fried egg.

While we are on the subject of donuts, this dessert is very great:

Dessert, Bread Pudding, Blueberry Donut, Richard Fl.
INGREDIENTS:
1 Dozen Blueberry Cake Day Old Donuts
1 14 Ozs Can Sweetened Condensed Milk (not evaporated)
1 Cup Eggnog
1 Cup Milk
2 Small Cans Mandarin Oranges
4 eggs, beaten
1 9 Ozs Box Raisins, Soaked in Rum, Save rum for sauce
1 pinch salt
1-2 Tsp Ground cinnamon
Butter Rum Sauce:
1 Stick Butter
1 lb box confectioners' sugar
Rum, to taste, Used remains from soaking raisins about 1 cup
Preparation
1. Preheat or oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Cube donuts into a large bowl. Soak raisins in bourbon or rum, couple of hours, drain. Save rum for sauce. Pour all ingredients on top of donuts and let soak for a few minutes. Mix all ingredients together until donuts have soaked up the liquid as much as possible. If mixture is very dry add little more milk or another egg.
3. Bake for about 1 hour until center has jelled. Top with Butter Rum Sauce. Used 2 9x9 inch aluminum pans 1 1/2 inch deep.
Butter Rum Sauce:
1. Melt butter and slowly stir in confectioners' sugar. Add rum and heat until bubbly. Pour over each serving of Bread Pudding.
Servings: 12
Cooking Times
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 1 hour
Recipe Type: Dessert
Source
Source: BGE Forum, Richard Fl, 2008/12/12
Author Notes
Ended up pouring the sauce recipe over the cooled containers and let it absorb. Decided that was great however, it was very sweet and heavy rum alcohol. Next batch will be 8 ozs sugar and 1/4 cup rum.
Got the basic recipe from a Paula Deen Krispy Kreme donut recipe.

Back