• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Preference: Stubb's vs Kinsford Competition

Stubb's vs Kinsgsford Comp

• Stubb's

Votes: 35 63.6%
  • Kingsford Competition

Votes: 20 36.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If those 2 are my only choice, then I would pick K-Blue.

My first choice, Royal Oak - Chefs Blend.

wallace

I don't mean to get off topic...but Chef's Blend, while a really good charcoal, isn't as good as k comp and stubbs imo. The briquets are so large you can't get as many in a chimney, and they don't seem to give off as much heat as those discussed here. What do you think?

I am in the middle. After reading patiodaddio's review of one burning hotter and one burning longer, I chose to use both Stubbs and Kingsford Competition and layer them. Works quite well for me.

neither I like royal oak..I think Stubs (worked okay) is made by the same people that do cowboy

Its true that Stubb's is made by the same company that makes Cowboy Lump. That company is Duraflame, the same one that makes the instant light fire place logs.

Cowboy lump sucks. Stubb's however is 150% better than Cowboy. For a 15lb bag at Lowes runs me about $8.90 a bag. The 16lb bag of Kingsford (blue bag) runs about $9.90 a bag. I used to not mind Kingsford blue before they changed the formula.

Has far as the comp Kingsford goes, I've never actually tried it because I can never find it.

If i'm going with briquettes then Wicked Good is what i'll use, but mostly using publix or royal oak lump because of price and easy to find.

They come out to about the same price. I looked it up- the KC is around 20 dollars for 2x18lb bags at costco and often have a 4$ off rebate. Stubb's is always about 9 dollars for 16lb.

Yeah, if there was a costco within 300 miles.

Standard price for comp is around $10 for 11 pounds.

Neither. Ruined some BBQ with briquettes years ago. I only use B&B oak lump, central market mesquite lump or wicked good weekend warrior lump with wood for smoke. Lol now get this, I love using some kingsford blue when grillng and a few chunks of oak. I know my grill so well and it works well with the blue and consistent burn. I only add the meat when the temp is right and all the coals have Ashed over

Back