• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

total failure

mbshop

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
was gonna rotisserie mine using my ez que in my char griller as i have done before. but the bird was bigger, 18 lbs. this turned out to be the breaking point. firstly, i built a holder that holds coals on the side. this has shown to work well before. but with the bigger bird, the hold down arms wouldn't clear that rack. so i dumped the coals on the coal grate. so now i started to run the rotiss. but a problem popped up. the shaft came loose cuz the motor was jerky and loosend the shaft up. so i had to tighten this twice.
but by then the motor started to strain and then just stopped running.
it was a sunbeam setup and i just thought it would be ok as it worked before on smaller turkey's. but that bird was just to much for it. i couldn't attach my weber motor cuz it wouldn't fit on the bracket. plus all this time with an open lid allowed the coals to burn uncontrolled. so i gave up and stuck the bird in the oven. so now i got some work to do so i can fit the
weber motor on and make a differant holder so the ez que can be used.
so not to happy right now but thats how we learn.

george, sounds like you still have a plan so good for you. It will be just fine bro!

Sorry to hear about the trouble you had George. Still wishin' ya a Happy Thanksgiving and I'm thankful that you always have the time to post a nice comment for all the Bruddahs! Better luck next time pal!

I also had the rotisserie on my junk ducane gas grill break on thanksgiving day. Luckily I checked on it before there was a problem and we tossed it in the oven. The weber rotisserie attachment for my 22 charcoal will handle a big bird. I'm planning to smoke my first on Saturday.

Chris

thanks guys. yea, after this all happened i remembered that i was supposed to fit the weber motor over a year ago. will happen this weekend !!

Was it a matter of the bird not being balanced ?? It should not take much energy to rotate a balanced load ??

i was using my ez que setup. yes, it was unbalanced but not enough to me to cause a problem. its hard if not possible to balance the food using an ez que.

Was it a matter of the bird not being balanced ?? It should not take much energy to rotate a balanced load ??

Back