• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Midwest Storms

Plowboy

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
I hope all of the teams survived the huge storms we had run through Kansas and Missouri this weekend. Lots of lightning, rain, and wind. Huge cell over Columbia, MO right now. Desoto, KS had to get hammered all night last night. Terrible weather for contests.

I just got home from judging at the event in Columbia. Let's just say that everyone looked like they have had better days. It has been raining steady since 8:30 AM.

all but 2 contests we did this year it rained. so bring it on, oh ya we got a trailer.

hope all the ezups took the wind ok.

Kind of, We cooked pork loins in the rain today for the rodeo queen association. No wind though. I could shut the door.

You got any contest left Todd?

Kind of, We cooked pork loins in the rain today for the rodeo queen association. No wind though. I could shut the door.

You got any contest left Todd?

We are done for the year. Catered a wedding rehearsal and reception the last two nights. Have to cook pork for the Mizzou football team this week. Might be vending with Jeff of Bubba & Jeff this next Saturday. Private party (oktoberfest) catering in two weeks.

Wife and I were talking today that this has been the first Saturday since April that we haven't had something going on. Other than a trip to the hardware store with Michael, no one left the house.

I already have my app for Sugar Creek in for next April. :lol:

Desoto, KS had to get hammered all night last night. Terrible weather for contests.

That's an understatement. That was some of the most challenging weather condidtions we've encountered during a contest. At one point, the rain was so horizontal that is was coming in one end of our 20x20 canopy and exiting the other. The worst part was that it lasted a good 8-9 hours without a break.

I was surprised to see that 38/40 teams endured as we've seen more teams pack it in under lesser conditions in the past. I think the RV just moved up a couple of spots on my wish list.

I was also at DeSoto this weekend, and a team near us put on their meat at about 11pm and told us they would be back in the morning. needless to say they got back at about 7am and found their smoker cold. They packed up and left mad.

matt
Phat Jacks BBQ

I was also at DeSoto this weekend, and a team near us put on their meat at about 11pm and told us they would be back in the morning. needless to say they got back at about 7am and found their smoker cold. They packed up and left mad.

matt
Phat Jacks BBQ

:lol::lol::lol: So THAT was the farker I hollered at as he was leaving Saturday morning right before turn-ins! WTF do you expect in that kind of weather? The dude must have either not known what was coming or doesn't know his smoker. Thanks to the weather, I was pissed and cranky Saturday morning too (couldn't get out to get the chicken on) but after a yelling match between the wife and I, we got down to business. :roll: Funny how a break in the weather, even for an hour, made everything seem better.

Sounds like everyone made it through safely - send some of that rain our way - lord knows we need it (bad).

that mud and water made everyone cranky.

matt
phat jacks

I don't think it was the water and mud that made KC Bobby cranky! :lol: But he DID go off and forget his raincoat, didn't you, Bob? :lol::lol: At least he couldn't find one in his truck anywhere. :wink:

The only question I have for Bobby is, were you being a good boy????:lol:

I'll let the others answer that. Let's just say I'm glad I didn't wonder off too far and whatever you hear - it's probably rumor. Believe only half of what you see and nothing of what you read.

I guess the important thing is that nobody got hurt ... at least not that we know of.

No, Bob, at least YOU didn't get hurt! You made some damned good choices! Drunk idiots who wouldn't listen to reason get what they deserve. I just hope they didn't hurt anyone else on the road.

Back