New Toy! A mini review with lots of pictures

When I become a lazy old fart like Ron-O, then I too will get a gasser. :razz: Until then, I continue to use charcoal and the weed burner and grill on my Weber kettle or use the YS640. Nice grill Ron-O. :thumb:

Please refer to the opening paragraph of my initial post in this thread.

:-D

Please refer to the opening paragraph of my initial post in this thread.

:-D

What's wrong with a gas grill anyway? I mean, I do PLENTY of cooking on my electric stove...:grin:

Also, when I joined the Brethren, the only smoker I had was a Cameron that burned sawdust on that electric stovetop.:mrgreen:

Nice looking cooker. When my weber gasser kicks it (probably not for many years - I hope), I will definitely check out Saber. I love the sear on those burgers. Please be sure to post a thread for the steaks, I am very curious.

Gasser, that's even worse than being a pellet pooper. :mrgreen:

Great looking unit and great job on the write up.

Ronnelle---Purdy grill! 8)

Appears to be of very high quality.

TIM

Wow, my Weber Genesis 1000 is on it's 20th year and I have been drooling over the Weber Summit's but that Saber looks sweet. I am definitely going to check them out, very nice gasser.

Life. First you think, I need a new gasser. Before long the wood and charcoal burners are rusting. Life. Then you just don't have time to keep the propane bottle filled. Life. Then you find yourself three days a week in line at Panda Express. Then you find out your wife brought you a cat, for company. As your friends don't hang out quite as long for a five minute cook, as they did for a 7 hour+smoke. The beer is warm. The deviled eggs don't quite taste the same. Life. Extra duck sauce, please.

I want one too.

As I said. On a roll...:mrgreen:

A toasted garlic roll!

rimshot.gif

Nice Ron! I still occaisionally use our old (15 or so yrs.) Genesis. Especially now that I need to get around to replacing my BGE gasket!

Shot fairy likes it (the gasser) because it's fast, as you said, for weeknight dinners and such. Mostly been used as BGE Eggcessoy storage the past few years. Eventually we'll likely break down and get a new one, but I'm not impressed with the quality of the newer weber gassers I've seen.

Can I ask where you got that Saber?

Can I ask where you got that Saber?

http://www.shopthegreatescape.com/

Free delivery, too :) But you have to pay IL sales tax up front.

There are also a couple of online places with free shipping. Same price but no IL sales tax up front. Of course, you're supposed to pay it when you file your IL income taxes next year :rolleyes:

We do a lot of business at the local Great Escape and they treat me well so I decide to give them the business. Their accessories (cover, rotisserie, which I didn't get yet) are less than online.

Nice review Ron! I too am a gasser lover...been cooking' 3-4 days a week on my Weber Genesis for years. Looks like a quality piece of gear that I will keep in mind...
Cheers!
JD

Back