View Single Post
Old 07-22-2013, 11:28 AM   #1
knightrw1110
Found some matches.

Default My first Tri-Tip effort

Hi folks, this is my first posting on this forum although I've been observing for awhile now. Just wanted to share with the brethren my first Tri-tip experience. First of all, they're kinda hard to come by in Ocean County, New Jersey. Well, hard to come by in that I wasn't able to walk into my local grocery store or butcher and buy a tri-tip. I ended up ordering some from the packer that my agency uses to supply our meat. They didn't give me a full tri-tip, but I think actually cut one in two and shrink wrapped it that way. Anyway, I dry rubbed it the morning of the cook using equal parts kosher salt, black pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, parsley flakes, and paprika. I put it back in the fridge and then about an hour before grill time pulled it out and let it warm up to room temp. I grilled both pieces indirect after initial searing over fairly high heat coals. I flipped often and pulled both pieces when the internal temp got to about 135*. I let the beef rest for 15 minutes and then cut. The results were fabulous. I got lots of complements and all the dinner guests wanted to know what this cut of meat was. I told em it was a London Broil. Hehehe...At 5.49 per lb., I don't want the word getting out on what this cut of meat is. Today I ordered a 6 pack of them from a butcher I have near me that said they can get it. I hope my secret's safe with him.
knightrw1110 is offline   Reply With Quote