View Single Post
Old 08-22-2005, 07:13 PM   #15
kcquer
Lives in Spirit

Default RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: NonSanctioned "rules?"

I had jokingly told Brother Kick that I was claiming 6th place as they only gave results for 5th and better at the awards, well I got ahold of the full results today and we did finish 6th!! For a first solo effort I was really pleased. I've had the benefit of seeing class act teams do things right and wasn't unprepared. Knew all the gimme cooking would be a distraction, but freebies bring folks thru the gate and the gate benefitted children's charities so was glad to do it.
Keeping 3 cookers going most of the day was a challenge but a fun one at that. Was a huge variety of cookers, eggs, treagers, big offsets, one vintage Fast Eddy everything you can imagine.
Met lots of folks from very experienced cooks to just started rookies, every one wanted to know about the FE. Had 3 different people call it a refrigerator , had to explain many times that it isn't an electric smoker, Eddy was a great way to meet people if nothing else.
Invited several folks to the site, hope some of them stop by for a visit.
Compliments on the food were plentiful and greatly appreciated. Was a great first foray into solo competition. Looking forward to the next event next spring.

They give me shivers when they bounce around, buckled up or draggin' on the ground, I like big....Joe Walsh
kcquer is offline   Reply With Quote